Sponsored by:

Thoughts on 94 widebody?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 10:46 AM
96cabrio
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Thoughts on 94 widebody?

Friends, saw my first one the other day (I have seen America Roadsters, but never a coupe). I have seen several advertised at a pretty hefty premium, thoughts? WIll they continue to command that premium?

THanks!
J
Old 11-22-2002, 06:45 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

The C4 Coupe USA only widebodies or Turbolooks as they are officially known are very rare and as long as they are in good condition they will always command a higher price simply because of their rarity and they do have a little bit of history. There was a reason they existed beyond just selling a type of auto. That also helps. By the way they are only C4s in coupe form. If you saw a C2 then it is a conversion. Oh one other thing they are actually 93 models VINs and papers show 1994 models. The VINs were changed under M718.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 11-23-2002, 05:32 PM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Hi "J"

I've got one! Love it of course. Not sure how many were produced - estimates vary between 250 ish to 450 ish (right Adrian...?) They are actually Turbos without the turbo if you see what I mean. Apparently a way of using up spare turbo bodies before the intro of the 993 in the US. As Adrian says they're all C4's and all American models.

I'd be interested in knowing what one of these is really worth on the market but you see so few come up for sale that its hard to get any reliable guide. Mine was originally bought in California and immediatly exported to Taiwan where I bought it from a friend of mine 2 years ago with 9,000 miles on it. Its had the suspension lowered and 18" BBS's added by the last owner - all done very well but I'm half thinking of returning it to closer to standard spec.

Trying to attach a pic to this but I've had a few problems with this in the past.....

Hope this helps

Regards
Mark Lintott
C4 1994 Coupe Turbo Look
Old 11-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
<a href="http://www.porschexchange.com" target="_blank">The Exchange</a> in Illinois currently has a '94 C4 widebody for sale. I have no idea as to it's condition, but it's listed for $39,900 and has 45,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 94 widebody?