Weltmister Chips

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Weltmister Chips

Does anyone have any experiane with these? I just ordered one along with a B&B exhaust system. (For 20% Off ) Has anyone fitted this chip as a DIY project, jsut wondering how difficult it is.
I am running a .03 DME currently
Thanks
Old 11-20-2002, 05:41 PM
GP964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi,

I've tried them, actually got it from Performace Product also with the 20% disc. Performance wise, its a mild gain, nothing extraordinary. I've seen more gains on other chips that I've tried. Right now i have a autothority MAF.

John
Old 11-21-2002, 04:46 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

thought so - i thought i would give it a try with the B&B headers and see what it comes out as. i have a PMNA modified DME for the car which is really agressive (it's mapped for 100 Oct) so this is just for the street.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Myles
Intermediate

Installing a new chip is very easy. Remove the DME from under the seat (four 10mm nuts and the wiring harness release). Take the DME to your workbench or kitchen table. Turn the unit over and unbend (straighten) the the aluminum tabs that hold the cover on. Slip the cover off. You will be looking at a sandwich of two circuit boards. The boards are snap connected on one side and have a ribbon connecting the other side. Unsnap the boards and open them like a book. Be careful not to bend the boards too much when unsnapping. There is only one chip on the board that is removable. Very carefully remove the factory chip (careful as it is easy to lift up one end and bend the pins on the other end...don't ask how I know this). Work it gently from both sides with a small screw driver up and out of the socket. The new chip should have a notch on one end, which tells you which way to install the chip. Locate and line up the pins and push the chip in. You are done!

Installation is the reverse of removal. I love that phrase.

Myles

Quick Reply: Weltmister Chips