Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear John,
We are right back where we started with the original advicegiven all those weeks ago. Check the O2 sensor wiring up to the DME. Not just continuity but insulation resistance as well. Follow the O2 sensor loom through the engine bay. CHECK!! under each loom clamp for a chaffed wire. When you get to the rearof the engine bay you will find the looms going forward. Check around this area. Thge problem is directly related to the O2 sensor system which includes the DME. Wiring check first (which I think will reveal the problem) and if this fails, borrow a DME and give it a check. Ensure the DME is correctly mounted and grounded under the seat. My feeling as it was in the very beginning is a chaffed wire somewhere between the O2 sensor connector and the DME. I believe the insulation test is very important.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

PS: Do not forget the O2 sensor connector in the engine bay. These can also breakdown.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:16 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Will do. Do you happen to know what pin it is on the DME for the O2 sensor? What kind of resistance should I see from the rear to the DME?

Thanks.

John

BTW - I sent the Chip back and never did test it with the O2 sensor disconnected. I didn't want to be responsible for any damage that may or may not have done to the chip. I tried it very quickly and took it out to send back. Already gone in the mail. I do not have the old O2 sensor either.

Quick Reply: Ongoing A/C - Hesitating issue