Sponsored by:

Urgent - Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 11:08 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post Urgent - Please Read!

This is an important post - so I am copying it to the rest of the Forums. Originally, it was posted on the 924.944 Forum. - John D.
~~~
Fellow Rennlisters,

I have been in touch with Karl, owner of Fiberwerks, for a short time now and have learned some very upsetting news. For anybody who does not know him or his company, they design and manufacture top quality replacement and custom body panels for 911s, 944s, and 914s. He is a dedicated fellow Porsche aficionado who is married, for 14 years, to a fellow Porsche enthusiast named Samantha.

Sam, as he affectionately calls her, has Multiple Sclerosis (MS). She has suffered from this disease for many years. Until recently, Sam worked with Karl at Fiberwerks. The MS has robbed her of her eyesight and has caused her lungs irreparable damage. She is now in the hospital and is, at only the age of 34, expected to pass. A lung transplant was a possible option, but she is too weak to go through this intense surgery.

What I am asking each and every one of you to do is to take a minute out of your day and think about your loved ones and put yourselves in Karl’s shoes. What would you need? I know what he needs. Karl has told me. He needs words of encouragement to read to Sam right now. He has said that he will read any e-mails sent to him to Sam. They need not be long or in depth. Just words from the heart. Send them today. Send them now. Time is of the essence and every single e-mail is very important.

Please send them to the following e-mail address and put “Note to Sam” as the subject.

fiberwerksproducts@hotmail.com

When you have sent your email, go home and hug your loved ones. If you can’t, call them. You do not ever know what you have until it is gone. I understand this first hand, having lost my brother, who was my best friend, in January. Help make these incredibly difficult times for Karl and Sam a little easier to deal with.

Thank you very much for your help. Sam and Karl appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Donefer

--------------------

Jeremy D.
'86 944 NA, Black on Black, Carrera S4 17", Red Gauge Faces, 968 Door Panels and Rear Shelf, Amazing Stereo, Too Much Invested, Blah, Blah, Blah..."FOR SALE"...For the right price!
Old 03-08-2002, 04:38 PM
my944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spoke with Karl. He said that Sam can not believe that people who don't even know them care so much. Please keep the e-mails up. It is such an easy way to help so much!
Old 03-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
As a person who had to spend 4 months in a hospital and rehab center due to severe back injuries, I cannot emphasize how fulfilling it is to receive any kind of notice even from someone you might not perhaps know firsthand.

Quick Reply: Urgent - Please Read!