Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist North Wales Run April '05

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Jon in Ferrari was trying hard to keep up with John B at the time and as there were other cars in the mix (a Civic and a Merc E-class if i recall) maybe some of us didn't get hit by the beam. The 944 was someway behind me as we got to the van so may have been an easy head-on shot.

Fingers crossed like everyone one else.

I hope the Police don't pay too much attention to the information on the data logger picture i posted!?!?!?!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the recent posts on this thread explain why the helicopter circled over us whilst we were parked up in the car park not long after this revenue-raising van sighting!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Sten
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone's detector warn them about the van?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:27 PM
porkapig
Advanced

welcome to north wales! :-(

in regards to distance getting zapped - i got done at 1.5km distance (according to the copper at the hearing....)
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 AM
asbi
Racer

Not a peep out of mine (bel550 like john's) it normally picks up any sort of radar or laser.....I wonder if north wales finest are embedding some sort of device in the local sheep?

Nothing in the post today, fingers crossed...
Old 04-28-2005, 11:18 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phew! Thank God for that. When I saw you'd posted again....

If either you or me had to have one, I'd rather it was me and that's a fact.

Some on here will know why.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 469 Likes on 222 Posts

quote:

"The residents in Pentrefoelas have been given laser gatsos by Herr Brunstrom cos they are sick of people speeding through the village.
The routes north from both Pentrefoelas and Cerrygidudion are watched by police helicopter - hence the larger than normal road markings for them to time you against".
Really sorry to hear about this guys, I locked my keys in the garage last Sunday morning hence my no show. The above quote was posted on the Porsche Club GB forum a few weeks ago. I PM'd the guy asking where he got the original quote from and also asking more specific details of the roads, he did'nt reply.............. This was a favorite playground of mine, but seemingly no longer ( at least not during the high season) IF you decide to do this again PM me, I have a great route that is further South and just as scenic( and hopefully safer)
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

JB,
It looks like you'll have to re-name this the Rennlist North Wales Cannonball Run if the police are getting the copter out. Maybe the route will have to be kept secret in future until the last minute too (we could still meet at the garage at about half eleven though ).
A sinister turn in police methods and uncalled for if you ask me, not to mention a HUGE waste of taxpayers money.
Oh, and another thing, Rob, WHAT have you done to the inside of that car??? I'm sure there are a few more gadgets/wires/gauges etc you could get on the windscreen, sureley?
Anyway, hope to be on the next one.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 469 Likes on 222 Posts

Wikkid 911.
I don't think the guys were specifically targeted, these roads are quiet through the winter months , but come spring and the amount of wannabe Valentino Rossis thrashing about has to be seen to be believed, an easy target for plod,(and any cars get caught in the net)
Old 04-29-2005, 02:56 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Atgani,

Thanks for this. Would you mind sending me that route of yours by PM and I'll check it out.

The annoying thing is, as those who know the road are aware, it is very open and unpopulated for much of its length. Slower past the farms and villages, faster (but careful) on the open road is the way.

Ho hum.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:13 AM
tonytaylor
Burning Brakes

Good to see you back Dave.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:57 AM
asbi
Racer

John,
Would also appreciate the route if you could fwd to me,
Thanks,
Old 04-29-2005, 05:16 AM
McJohn
Racer

The bit about wannabe Rossi's is apt. Despite being a biker myself, there are parts of Scotland which are all but no go areas at the weekend these days because of the hordes of madmen on two wheels. In particular around Crainlarich and Tyndrum, and of course the police are there in force.

General rule ... avoid weekends if you can, and whereber there is a heavy presence of plastic rockets, there too will be Sgt Plod with his laser toys.

JH

Quick Reply: Rennlist North Wales Run April '05