Sponsored by:

Climate Control Fan

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Ken964
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control Fan

So I got around to pulling the fan off the back of the climate control unit today. It has not run since I purchased the car for Christmas. Unfortunetly it does run when I run 12 volts across it. Is there a fuse in the climate conrtol unit for this fan? I have also had a bit of trouble getting the control unit out. I managed to get the fan off by crawling under the dash. Are there any tricks aside from getting a removal tool long enough to engage the detents?

Has anyone had this problem of the fan being functional, but the control unit not suppling it with power?

thanks for any help,
Old 03-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Ken,
First question "No".
Second question "Get the right tools". They are so simple and cheap to make if you cannot purchase them. Failure to use the correct tools for the job can lead to horrendous problems.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Ken964
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Adrian. I will look into finding or fabricating a more functional pair of tools. As for the little fan, I plugged it back into the back of the CCU and it ran like a charm. I would guess a bad conntection or stalling from all the stuff stuck to the impeller, but I don't really know. We'll see if this clears up the automatic random temperature.

cheers

Quick Reply: Climate Control Fan