Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lights on after lights out. . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 10:25 PM
mattinmatsuyama
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face lights on after lights out. . . . .

Dear All
I am the recent new owner, after a few teething problems everything is running smoothly. I took it for a run here in Japan, 1000ks in 3 days is quite a bit for Japan, let me tell you.
I did however experience something funny. We had stopped set up camp and I came back to the car to find that the LHSide headlamp and rear lights were on. I had turned it off, so i checked the switch and sure enough it was off. I turned it on and turned it off but the problem was still there. i turned on the car, turned on the lights, turned off the lights and turned off the car and the problem was gone. No worries, next day i went to get some supplies from the 24/7 and came back to find that the problem had reappeared, same solution.
what am i doing wrong? is it a safety feature for when you are parking, my uncles Audi has something like this. I have tried a few times to recreate it and I can't.
Any ideas?
Also can anyone recommend a glue that will hold the interior rearvision mirror, the girlfriend managed to pull it off and then it was repaired and then i did it, opps.
Thanks to all replies that can help me!
Cheers
Matthew
Old 05-07-2003, 12:23 AM
shaker71
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you leave your turn signal lever in the engaged position it will turn on the European parking lights. That is the lights on one side only.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:01 AM
mattinmatsuyama
Intermediate

thanks shaker for that, so if I leave the signal lever in the engaged position it will leave the LHside lights on? even if I have turned off the light?
Cheers
Matthew
Old 05-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Dear Matthew,
Yes that is correct. It is a European requirement. The turn signal lever must be left in the off position unless of course you want to illuminate your 964 when parked on the side of the road. Very valuable on the streets here in Europe.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 05-07-2003, 10:28 PM
mattinmatsuyama
Intermediate

Dear Adrian and Shaker
Sat in the car last night and worked it out, don't know how i missed having the signal indicator on, but thanks for your help, alls well that ends well but the rear view mirror is still unglued, any glue suggestions?
Cheers
Matthew
Old 05-08-2003, 03:33 AM
shaker71
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Leaving your turn signal on while driving is an age related matter. Get used to it...

Bill
Old 05-08-2003, 03:36 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Won't good old super glue do? It can be 100% permanent, because I discovered at the weekend that the mirror actually clips into the bracket that is glued to the windscreen. If you need a new windscreen, it comes with the bracket glued on - then they unclip the mirror from your old one and clip it onto the new one.

Quick Reply: lights on after lights out. . . . .