Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Survey: Does Your 964 Have This Weld?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:55 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Randall G.:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by tom_993:
<strong>I know this is an old thread, but I thought I might add this data point: My early ’95 993 has this weld.

Tom
’95 993</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">That's interesting. I was under the impression that no 993s had this weld, based on what I've read on the 993 board. While it can still fail, this weld makes a huge difference with regard to door stay durability--an intact weld prevents (or minimizes) a bending force from being applied to the (internal) base of the door pillar.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">That’s what I thought as well, so I was surprised to see that I have the weld. My car is a very early ’95. I’m guessing they carried this weld over from the last of the 964’s into the beginning of the 993’s. At some point pretty early on they stopped doing it, presumably to cut production costs (why else?). In any case, I’m not complaining. I wonder if this weld should be recommended to anyone without it, as a preventive measure?

Tom
’95 993

Quick Reply: Survey: Does Your 964 Have This Weld?