Sponsored by:

Suggest for PPI NYC ( LI area)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 08:10 PM
e911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Suggest for PPI NYC ( LI area)

Looking for recommendations for shop to do PPI on 93 c2. In New York City ,Long Island.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2001, 10:31 PM
J-McDonald
Pro

Try out parcars in Westchester (http://www.parcars.com)
Old 08-31-2001, 11:08 AM
apw964
Instructor

Thumbs down

Earl,

I use PAR cars - I have had both good and bad experiences with them. The good first - the guys that work there are all PCA members - obvious enthusiasts - they are willing to talk about car concerns and make performance recommendations. They also have a cool stock of cars for sale.

The bad now - They occassionally have a tendency to do additional work items not requested, they changed my 4wd transmission and charged me for it after I had asked them to investigate an LED problem with the 4wd light - I was expecting a report, not a bill, but I guess the request could of been deemed 'pls fix this problem'. Also I bought the car from them, and from day one I complained about pinging and low performance - it's only 4 months later and after finding this website that I suggested they check the dist belt. low and behold the dist belt is broken. Also this is another one - 2000 miles ago I had an oil change. Until recently I tended not to check the dip stick because I have my oil changed every 3000 miles. I tend to watch the pressure gauge (the level in my car is broken) as an indicator. Coming off the highway my oil pressure light came on. I bought a qt and assumed that would be sufficient. I ended up adding an additional 8.5 qt after that - there was no oil in my car. The car does not leak or smoke - consumption has been normal. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they forgot to refill the oil after they had drained the engine. They doing a compression test for me, and if they come back with a plausable explanation I may start to trust them again.

The car is in right now having the dist belt and it's 75k service. I'm gonna reserve my final judgement.

Quick Reply: Suggest for PPI NYC ( LI area)