Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, thanks alot for you responses.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:27 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 462 Posts

I've got an extra manual if you want - PM me and we can figure out a swap.

Hang in there - just think about how nice you'll make this car!! One way to look at it is it's nice to have things that force you to go through the car so you know its condition well. That's the bright way to look at it. I'm an optimist!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Triode Pete
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XMAs Tree Effect

Take your C2 Cab to someone who has a Bosch Hammer to reset the fault codes. Sounds to me like the car's battery was "supercharged" in place (not removed) & this action "upset" the car's computer. You will get the XMAS tree effect on your dashboard. That holds true also for the "automatic rear wing/spoiler". The spoiler should be able to "manually move" with the round **** in front of the gear shifter. Also, check your fuses & relays. Some could have "fried" & need replacement.

Good Luckl

Pete
Old 02-22-2005, 02:59 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimq
welcome to the group! Sounds like you will be needing a bit of group therapy!
By the way there is no key to the top. On mine I pull up the emergency brake and hit the rocker switch on the left side of the dash.
Sounds scary
Jim, you have to pull up your emergency brake handle??? Hmm, didn't know that.

Mike_991 WELCOME!
This car (a '92) just happens to have 119k on it too, sold on ebay yesterday for $19,700, I think you did pretty well at $10k.....

Believe me as fellow newbie, you found the right spot to make this experience much better than you had hoped. There are very helpful guys here, for every issue you mentioned there's probably been a couple threads... Search away and good luck to you.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:41 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine has been modified to go up and down with the engine running. Guess thats the reason I have to do it. Some type of safety thing.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:53 PM
brookewebb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike - Did you buy it on Ebay or something?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:40 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

well i have some good news, the dealer i bought from has agreed to pay for the a new windsheild.
no i got the car from a dealer , it funny carfax reports 1 owner but i really cant see how a 1 owner car can get this beat up.
since the dealer i bought the car from is in montana, he told me to have the windshield replaced here in miami and he will pick up the bill. does anyone knows a place in the miami ft lauderdale area where ican have it replaced.
also, the brakes just needed to be bled, now they are pretty strong.
one last question, i just noticed that there is a leak in the front also, is that the oil cooler in the front right?/
man, now i remember when i was told, "there nothing more expensive than a cheap porsche"
i will keep you guys updated, i was going to take some pictures, but the car looks so bad with all the dirt on it, that my camera wouldnt even work
later
Old 02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

SNOWBIRD, iam not new to rennlist, i have owned 14 porsches in thast 3 years , all 944s and 951s, and i have spent countless hours here , but i always wanted the 911. i guess now all i have is a 9 .
Old 02-22-2005, 06:15 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Mike, my most humble apologies. I forgot that I had already read that!
Old 02-22-2005, 07:05 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

well i took that car today for a spin for the first time after bleeding the brakes, boy it was fun, i didnt realize that i was driving without a tag until i got back 20 min later. but you could smell the oil burning on the mufller real bad. so this friday iam taking it to try to fix the oil leaks and the little details here and there. here are some pictures.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:11 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Default pictures

well the pictures are 2 large i will try to resize them , or if someone wants to host them please give me your email
later
Old 02-22-2005, 07:21 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Resize them in Paint, it's easy!!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:15 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Default pictures

pictures
Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Default more pictures

does anyone has that piece circled in red laying around. if so how much, ALSO I NEED A BLACK TONNEAU COVER AND FRONT FOGLIGHTS.
thanks
Old 02-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Richard Curtis
Rennlist Member

Foglights don't add all that much light onto things anyhow. Save them for last. yes, work on the brakes first. If the PO said "new" brakes, then something is amiss if you don't have adequate brakes. Yes, flush and refill all the brake fluid (use DOT 4 fluid, BTW, preferably something like ATE Super Blue... you'll need a bit more than one liter but buy two cans because you'll want to flush and refill the clutch slave cylinder). Pull a wheel off and inspect the brake pads; should be new, as PO advertised. Worry about the top later. Your dash light problem sounds suspiciously like a wiring or cold solder problem (I've had similar problems in another German car; fixed by resoldering all the cold solder joints on the computer that controls them ... dunno if this works on a Porsche.). Worry about the bodywork later, too. You're probably best advised to get to a Porsche shop (or, even better, an independent shop with the proper Porsche "hammer" code reader) and have the codes read. This should give you indication of more exactly what's wrong. Do you know condition of the distributor belt? If not, you'll need to change that. If the primary distributor (your car has two and the primary is the one nearest the centerline of the car) does NOT have a surgical-hose vent tube running from it to the large, black plastic vent from the fan, then you're best advised to buy a "distributor vent kit" for an 89-94 911 C2 or C4 (~$10) and install it. But if that vent kit is non-existent at the present, get the distributor belt installed ASAP. Oil leaks: If it's an occasional drip, don't worry too much about it. That's just a sign there's still oil in it. If the leak is leaving a puddle every day, you'll need to get that addressed and it will probably mean having the engine removed and "resealed" (expensive). Any other questions, just fire away! We're ready to answer them.

Quick Reply: my c2 cab finally arrived BUT need some parts, PICTURES