Anybody have a C4 ABS unit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 10:22 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Anybody have a C4 ABS unit?

Hi,
My mechanic has tested pretty much everything he can in my brake system (speed sensors, tried replacing control unit, tried replacing relays etc.) but I still have slightly dodgy ABS. Sometimes the pedal will come back for about a second with no pulsing (and no brakes).

He has concluded that by a process of elimination it must be the ABS hydraulic unit - perhaps a valve sticking.

New from Bosch this is £850 + vat. My mechanic tried Porsche Apart who said they didn't have one. I've tried Douglass Valley who said no hope - very rare - but if they did have one it would be £300-£350.

I'm assuming nobody has a perfect one sitting in their garage?

Failing that - Porsche Salvage Co (advertise in 911 & P World with address <a href="http://www.porschebreaker.com)" target="_blank">www.porschebreaker.com)</a> say they think they have one if I phone back in an hour. Anyone have good / bad experience of them?

At the moment - even though it's more expensive - I must admit I'm tending towards a new unit. Brakes are the sort of thing that I'd like to know I'm buying something that is definitely OK. But trying to keep my options open if there is a second hand one about.

Dave
90 C4

Quick Reply: Anybody have a C4 ABS unit?