Sponsored by:

Big Brakes Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 05:43 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool...something right up my alley!

Gary, I have Big Reds on the front and original rear calipers off a '93...which should be the same as the ones you have - (30mm/28mm pistons).

Cupcar and I hashed this out some time ago and he helped me out with a 60bar bias valve...works like a champ.

I feel no need to try anything else...but am curious enough to try NO bias valve to the rear - like Cupcar has at the moment, I believe.

So, it sounds like you're (Gary) on the right track with using a 60bar valve.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:41 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

If you want to see what happens when you remove the bias valve from a standard C2 system go to John Miles web site and then click on technical and then scroll down to Ken Tubbs technical data. Ken did this and writes up a small description of what happened.
Disconnecting the ABS. If you remove power from your ABS control unit you will get a warn light (nothing serious) the ABS will not work (wished for) but the rear spoiler will also not work (problem). Obviously for short term testing purposes you can do this.
The Carrera Cup disconnect was a special additional circuit installed. I have sought the wiring diagram for this but unsuccessfully.
It is also very hard to carry out the same conversation on two different forums.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Quick Reply: Big Brakes Conversion