Sponsored by:

Need duck feathers - Sunroof leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 07:59 PM
jonfkaminsky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need duck feathers - Sunroof leak

I've been driving around in the rain recently and a couple times I've been doused with water coming out of the sunroof when I've braked to a stop. After this empties onto the back of my neck there is no more of this until the car is sitting in the rain again. This corner (driver side read) of the sunroof is also low and loose when viewed from above outside the car. The passenger side rear is flush and firm.

Anybody have this or can scope the job to fix? It looks like a royal pain to get up in there from the zipper above the back seats. I know there is a how-to at Pelican but I think this goes beyond that with this low corner situation. Does anybody know what part is responsible for pushing the corners and supporting them when the sunroof closes?

TIA,
jon
Old 11-17-2002, 12:08 AM
Bob Haase
Instructor

Jon! And I thought your C2 never saw the rain. The rain makes my C4 all the more fun to own.

Anyway, to your problem... is it possible that your sunroof skid that pushes down the air deflector is broken? See the <a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=002103" target="_blank">LINK</a> that discusses replacing it. If it is broken, it is the only part (as far as I can tell) that would allow the roof to drop down. I could be wrong, but its worth a look.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:20 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,
There are adjusters for the height of the sunroof at each corner. You don't go in from the back though.

If you open the sunroof, you can then see the front of the sunroof lining where it meets the front of the sunroof. Pull the lining down carefully - it's clipped to the bottom of the sunroof in 4 or 5 places along the front. You can then pull it forwards (although it can be reluctant) and this then gives you access to the adjusters.

On mine, I adjusted one of the fronts but I believe the rear corners are the same.

Dave
90 C4
Old 11-17-2002, 09:15 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry I don't have time to find the link, but there's a technical article on Pelican Parts about this.

Although the roof may need adjusting to reduce water coming in, the fact that you get wet suggests the drain tubes are blocked.

I think there's an article about fixing that too.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:08 PM
jonfkaminsky
Racer

yep drain tubes. Blew them out with compressed air and a bunch of fir needles came out. No more water
Jon

Last edited by jonfkaminsky; 02-15-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: clarity

Quick Reply: Need duck feathers - Sunroof leak