Sponsored by:

Interior light won't come on when door opened. [edit: problem solved]

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 06:59 PM
greenjt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Interior light won't come on when door opened. [edit: problem solved]

I searched the forum but have only come accross problems where the light won't go off so could use some help.

The light works when i switch it to the manual on position.
The door switches seem to work as the ignition buzzer works and the windows are still operable until after i open the door.
The alarm system also seems to work properly.

I read on the 993 forum there might be a relay on the alarm system that controls the delay timing of the dome light. Is this true on a 964? If so, might this relay cause the light to not come on at all and how would i find and replace this relay?

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by greenjt; 01-29-2005 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:28 PM
drb007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Same thing happened to me. Like you said, all of the other functions of the door switch seemed to function fine except the light. I wiggled and pulled on the door switch and I could intermittently get the light to come on. I pulled the switch out and cleaned it a bit and now it works 90% of the time. Probably should just install new switches, as they aren't that expensive.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:13 PM
greenjt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife picked a really bad movie from Blockbuster... So I went out to fiddle with the door switches again and no magic.

Since i was out in the garage i figured i would pull out the light assembly to have another look around. After further review, i noticed the rocker switch was not making contact by the slightest margin. I simply bent the contact down a bit and i "saw the light." Problem solved.

Quick Reply: Interior light won't come on when door opened. [edit: problem solved]