Sponsored by:

Replacement windshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:22 PM
shophobbit
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement windshield

I just picked up my 90 C4 in Denver in early January. On the return trip to Spokane, Wa. I has was hit by a rock and now have the inevitable creeping crack.

I have a qoute from Auto Glass National for replacing the front windshield and would like to know if anyone on the list has used this company and could speak to the quality of the work and glass. My qoute was $291.

Thanks

Dick
Old 01-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Richard Curtis
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Just had mine replaced (thankfully, covered under insurance) and it cost the ins. co. $800+. It was an official Porsche windshield, for whatever that's worth, with windshield antenna. Ask if Auto Glass National offers lifetime warranty on workmanship. Mine was replaced by Harmon Auto Glass and they do offer the warranty. they did not replace the seals but still guarantee against leakage. So far, so good.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:20 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I had mine repaired last fall, paid for by the insurance co. The independent service stated that he checked on a replacement, it would run ME ~$230 as compared to my deductable of $250.

He said that if I went through insurance, he would have to charge them full price - ~45% discount, + service call charge + materials and adhesives.

Going direct to him, I would pay full price - 70% discount, the service call is free, and his price included materials and adhesive.

(Needless to say - I have his card tucked away)

Quick Reply: Replacement windshield