Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stiff A/C condenser blower. Fixable or new part?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts
Question Stiff A/C condenser blower. Fixable or new part?

Its snowing, so I reckon a good time to sort my A/C, which kept blowing fan fuses: The fan rotates easily, but with definate resistance, especially compared with the oil cooler fan which spins nice and easy.
Once I get the @$%&* wheelarch liner screws unseized and remove the fan, is it something I can lubricate, get rebuilt or is this usually new fan time?

Thanks as ever. Couldn't drag much relevant up on search on this heavily discussed topic, m'afraid.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Time to take this one out of the mothballs. Searched on this topic and this is the only thread I could find.

My car has a noisy Oil Cooler fan and I was wondering the same: can one lubricate it?

Is there a fix that allows it to run another year without immediately replacing it?

It's over 100F here every day, so I really need those fans to work as efficient as possible.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:44 AM
power_up
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Navaros911
Time to take this one out of the mothballs. Searched on this topic and this is the only thread I could find.

My car has a noisy Oil Cooler fan and I was wondering the same: can one lubricate it?

Is there a fix that allows it to run another year without immediately replacing it?

It's over 100F here every day, so I really need those fans to work as efficient as possible.

Thanks in advance guys!
Precaution measure should be changed it. Mine ceased when running without warning. When the fan ceased, the fuse would blow. After a new fan install, noise level lower a lot. I don't realized the fan is such noise level in high speed.

Quick Reply: Stiff A/C condenser blower. Fixable or new part?