Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zymol professional application

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 08:20 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve - that looks fantastic; make sure you stay in front of me in Wales!

I'm not surprised at comment above that the cheap Zymol is good - this website is a good link. http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

As you (may) know, I'm the Uk importer and distributor for Zaino and Rejex, and the things I like most about them is a) how long-lasting the effect is and b) how easy it is to apply - John Boggiano said it's almost as easy as watching someone else do it! (John was referring to Rejex)
Old 03-25-2005, 02:17 AM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those who do it for a living will tell you it is not the wax that produces the shine but the polish. Waxing the car is about 10% of the total effort required to achieve the deep, wet-look shine.

Do it yourself is the only way to go. Find a Porter-Cable random orbital polisher, high quality foam pads and some high quality polish (Zymol, P21S, 3M, etc.). This will take out most of the light scratches that cause a dull finish. Deeper scratches require a more aggressive polish.

It takes me more than 5 hours to wash, polish and wax my car. The results make the effort worthwhile
Old 03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Jeffrey - don't you find it annoying that a) it takes so long to do and b) the next wash takes off most of the wax you spent 5 hours applying before?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you use the Zymol wash it won't remove all the wax. Mine beads for months after... But Zymol says you should apply the wax every 4 months anyway. (I think I read that somewhere.)
Old 03-25-2005, 11:31 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

That's not so bad then.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:44 PM
The Eagle
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I can recommend Meguiar's! It works like a charm and it doesn't hurt your wallet at all.
Decent products and a useful forum at : Meguiar's online
Try it and you'll never use someting else.
Greetz
Old 05-11-2005, 03:11 PM
asbi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All,
Had my car Zymoled by Dave at sportcarprotection.com yesterday, absolutely bowled over by the result-arrived 09:00, left my house 21:00!.

The paint (Marine Blue) seems to have come alive and almost looks "liquid".

Frustratingly I am now travelling with work until the weekend, I will post some piccies then.

Anyone help me out with how to get stills down to a reasonable size for posting-do I need to be a member???
Thanks,
Old 05-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I use Zaino.....way easier to use and really beautiful results.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dave has a good reputation and probably does a good job. However, Zymol is a bit like a hair growth tonic or snake oil. It attracts those who want it!

Had you taken the time and effort to carry out the same process with any leading brand you would get the same results. Trust me.

In fact, a UK consumer agency did a comparative study of car polishes 2-3 years ago. The winner was Turtle Wax (suitable for our cars IMO)

I use Meguiars coz Zymol have been smoking some funny stuff.. one look at their prices will tell!!! IMO of course.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JBH
Do it yourself is the only way to go. Find a Porter-Cable random orbital polisher, high quality foam pads and some high quality polish (Zymol, P21S, 3M, etc.). This will take out most of the light scratches that cause a dull finish. Deeper scratches require a more aggressive polish.
Spot on JBH.

The polish is what does it. For the Euro readers, I have an equic of PC. I use a Bosch PEX 400AE... AE is the critical desig here.

JBH, you only take 5 hours? Shame on you. I need about 8...

TIME and polish ARE THE KEY!!! The brand is secondary.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by asbi
All,
Had my car Zymoled by Dave at sportcarprotection.com yesterday, absolutely bowled over by the result-arrived 09:00, left my house 21:00!.

The paint (Marine Blue) seems to have come alive and almost looks "liquid".

Frustratingly I am now travelling with work until the weekend, I will post some piccies then.

Anyone help me out with how to get stills down to a reasonable size for posting-do I need to be a member???
Thanks,
Have you got Photoshop? Is so, you can save them "for web" which will reduce the file size somewhat. If not, email them to me at andy_roe@hotmail.com & I'll upload them for you!!

Andy
Old 05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to chime in with my agreement on the polish comment. I've been using 3M Imperial Machine and Hand Glazes for years to clean/polish my cars before applying wax and it makes a huge difference in the quality of the shine when the job is finished.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:16 PM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

I use the Zymol Titanium wax, which I do myself once a year.
It does take the best part of a day, and a lot of elbow grease, but cleaning the car subsequently, I only use luke warm water and towel down.
I've lost count of the comments about the quality of the shine, not bragging or anything -- obviously

Last edited by CraigyB; 05-27-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:33 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Want to share the process?

I've never got anywhere with zymol (at least, not the expensive stuff) - never feels like it's waxed at all. I haven't used klay - maybe that's where I go wrong.

What process do you follow, step by step?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:59 PM
C2MED
Instructor

Hi Dave, like you I didn't prepare the surface other than a quick wash befroe waxing, and was kind of disappointed by the result. Didn't think it was much better than any other eco wax.
Then I tried to do it properly, and the shine was as great as the hype. You need to wash the car thoroughly, then Klay bar, dry and then polish with eg HD cleaser, by this time the car should be shinier than it's ever been. Then you apply the wax, which will go on a lot easier. This will deepen the shine. The good thing is, just when you think the car can't get any shinier, it gets better over the next day or two. But then I could be imagining all of this, at least the Zymol/Swissol had been the cheapest wax per application I've bought!

Quick Reply: Zymol professional application