Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O/T: Someone to think about - Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 06:13 PM
McJohn
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah yes, the great Pugwash conspiracy ... Ooops!

The important thing is of course ... is Paula still sufficiently mobile to be able to crawl under the steering wheel so as not to impede your 964 photography?

Note to Rennlisters ... this indignity is forced upon the long suffering Paula so that Dr Boggi can take pictures of his cherished car to enter John Miles's photo competition, albeit regreattably he did not win this year.

McJ

('cos I did )
Old 06-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Although John is not the only one to pull that one. Until the advent of the internet and google, I believed it. And it is kinda sad to have the myth debunked, 'cos the idea of some stoned, inky fingered BBC children's cartoonist thinking up those names for that show in the late '60s early 70s always appealed to me...... and then getting them past the BBC higher-ups - well it would have been priceless. And then for some reason it brings up thoughts of Jenny Hanley...............

John, please know you and Paula are in my thoughts and hopes. I remain awed by how you both continue to deal with this.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ruairidh
Although John is not the only one to pull that one. Until the advent of the internet and google, I believed it. And it is kinda sad to have the myth debunked, 'cos the idea of some stoned, inky fingered BBC children's cartoonist thinking up those names for that show in the late '60s early 70s always appealed to me...... and then getting them past the BBC higher-ups - well it would have been priceless..
Oh, wait...I always believed that one too!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just realized that I made almost the exact same post both today and back in January '05! very odd..I didn't realize until just now and it gave me a strange dejavu sensation (usually reserved for visits to the inlaws.)

Anyway, best to you and Paula John..sorry for spamming!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear of Paula's continued decline -- hopefully she'll take an up turn with the next change in the weather.

You had mentioned earlier a lift to be installed by attaching to the passenger footwell floor - did that ever happen?

Marc
Old 06-05-2006, 04:44 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw

You had mentioned earlier a lift to be installed by attaching to the passenger footwell floor - did that ever happen?

Marc
I'm still considering it, Marc. It looks promising although, fortunately, the 964 remains one of the easiest cars for Paula to access - nice wide-opening door, good strong build so the door can take her weight (plus a window with a frame to hang onto), upright seating position, smooth leather to be slid into position on...

Quick Reply: O/T: Someone to think about - Part 2