Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's cold out, but hot in.....tooooooo hot.... help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I just sent my CCU out to the west coast. I'll post what they find.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Randall, if you or anyone else has a CCU to send as a "loaner" - I'll take you up on that. I would like to use it to see if mine is kaput...and if so, would like to retain the services of said "loaner unit" until mine is repaired/returned...I would send my defective unit out immediately, of course!

I'm having a new problem...the vents on the driver and passenger sides blow directly on my window switches, they get so hot that two of them have come apart in the last couple of months when one attempts to operate them!

The second one was yesterday, while running from office to office at work...I whipped by the dealership and they looked up my receipt from the one I purchased a few months ago and warrented this one.

After installing the new one, I noticed how hot they were, went for a drive and verified that vent on each far side of the dash is getting that area of the door panel and associated window switches VERY hot.

SO, my request stands, if ya got one to share...I'll take you up on it.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:23 AM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure that, in Eric's case, it's just a matter of speed -- he just drives too damn fast

Seriously, Eric, I'm thinking if you contact EPE, Jerry Pellegrino will likely know how to test and may well have a spare to check with. Short of that he may have some additional well-informed tips. Need his tel. #???

Joe
Old 01-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jeff,

If you send my your mailing address at rgranaas[nospam]@***.net, I'll try to get it in the post tomorrow. How fast do you want it? Is normal 3-day or so okay?

Will be really interesting to see if this helps....
Old 01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Joe, I might need to take you up on the info for Jerry (I actually have it, but i'm about to give up trying to fix this myself......) I got a note that my CCU was bench tested, and everything works correctly...... I'll speak with the technician tomorrow, but i'm running out of ideas for what's wrong......
Old 01-10-2005, 03:32 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Eric,
If it isn't snowing next weekend I can drive to Sterling to pickup the hammer and you're more than welcome to swap out my CCU and servo's until you get your heat working properly.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jason. My current understanding is that there is nothing wrong with my CCU, and i'm sure the servo's are working correctly. I should have the CCU back tomorrow, and then I'm going to try getting your Hammer to see if the CCU can tell me what's wrong (I will have the Hammer in Sterling for the weekend). I can't see how, but it has to be a sensor somewhere, or a wiring problem......
Old 06-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

I thought I'd post what is hopefully the final fix for this problem.

Now that it's warm out, i'd hoped that the problem would go away until next winter, but it didn't. Same problem, full front blowers/full heat...... bad in the winter, worse when it's hot out.

After digging around, I found a bad connector internal to the CCU between the face plate that holds the switches/temp sensor, and the circuit board. 15 of the 16 pins had 0 resistance from one end of the ribbon cable to the other end, but the 16th pin had 5k or so just betwen one end of the 3" ribbon cable and the circuit board. I ran a separate wire for that pin, and things seem better...... I'll post again after a week of testing....... (The temp sensor faults went away, so I'm hoping for the best)
Old 06-03-2005, 04:13 AM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a spare 964 CCU -00 for sale. It is working normaly

Quick Reply: It's cold out, but hot in.....tooooooo hot.... help!