Sponsored by:

No defrost, No heat

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:19 PM
BostonU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No defrost, No heat

My rear blower is working, my blower fuse is ok, but I have no heat and no defrost. When I turn the tempature down (24) it works, but as soon as I turn it up past 24 it kicks off. I turned the car off and repeated the above steps, and this is when it gets odd. I can turn the defrost on, and you can hear a blower, but nothing is coming to the inside. The same is for the heat. How can I trouble shoot this problem? Where do I begin? Finally, do you think I need a new climate control unit for the dash? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Old 12-16-2004, 06:23 PM
tafkai

i remember something about the controller doing something automatically when you turn a **** over a set point .
if that helps !!!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:29 PM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris, if the temp dial is set to less than 24 and you send both sliders fully to the right can you feel gentle heat from all 3 positions, i.e. the windscreen vents, face-level vents and footwells? When you then turn the temp dial up beyond 24 does the heat stop (and only cold air blow through the various vents), or are you saying the air flow stops completely?
Old 12-16-2004, 07:55 PM
BostonU
Advanced

DavidI,

The airflow stops completely. When I hit the defrost button you can hear airflow, but nothing is blowing inside the car.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the fuse for the Rear Blower (in the engine compartment) has blown. You turn the fan up to 4, and it blows cold air OK, but as soon as you turn the temp up, it stops? The Rear Blower only kicks into action when you turn the temp up, or request heat for the demister. The fuse box for this is next to the engine. Try replacing the fuse. If the fuse blows again, then your rear blower fan motor is toast & will need replacing. Quite a common problem!

Ooops! Ignore this! Ishould have read the first post better!!

Last edited by Andy Roe; 12-17-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:09 PM
stevet903
AutoX

Check this link out - it may help troubleshoot -

http://www.porsche964.co.uk/technical/servos.htm

Quick Reply: No defrost, No heat