Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

haHA, guess what pulled up!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 12:36 AM
gjvander
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SVT is a supercharged F150. 300 hp I think, plus some suspension ugrades. Supposed to be good for low 5's 0-60. I had one pass me (riding my *** in 45 mph zone, so I said 'come on through buddy'), sure can hear the blower whining. Dodge has the Viper engine in one of their trucks. $50k.

Geo
Old 12-14-2004, 03:26 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was probably the V6 model Dodge Magnum. Had it been the V8, he would've laid an ***-whuppin on you off the launch until you could reel him in.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:44 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My little story.. Was driving down the Atlantic City Expressway doin 79.9mph.. Outta nowhere this 5.0 Mustang shows all over my tail... I decide to not run as I can't even think about a ticket at 100+ I slow down, practically beg him to pass.. He does, then about 15 miles later he's there again! (he must've ducked in for coffee or something at the service area)... This time I knew I was coming up on the exit for the Garden State Parkway.. I have been taking this exit for 30 years, I know it real well... I've had this car through it at 100, just playing with it, it's two lanes, there's two 45 degree sweeping turns about 1/4 mile apart.. When I saw he was taking the exit again 2 car lengths off my tail, but now at 90, I punched it through the turn.. I think he backed off at the same time... Went through the 2nd bend on a prayer at who knows what speed.... He was long gone from my mirror! With the cruise once again engaged at 79.9 I could see him about 1/4 mile back, not interested in playing again... Great fun...
Old 12-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Flagg
Racer

Duncan,

I thought your story was really funny! I forwarded it to someone thinking of buying one of these wagons...............here is the response I got........seems like "chuck" is a little sore on the subject!

----------------------------

Fellows – this is an amazing story about the Magnum and the P-rig – it may be true that the Magnum lost the race – who knows – not all Magnums are hemi equipped – the “HEMI” sign is so small on the side of the Magnum that it is difficult to know that it is equipped with that engine – after having driven the hemi powered Magnum there are few cars that I know of that could stay with it at a “stop light” drag race – with the AWD option it really launches itself from a standing start – obviously, it is not designed to be a high speed star running on “H” rated tires (and an ignition speed limiter) so I do not doubt that most any sports car could outrun it on an interstate – maybe you guys know Duncan, the author of this story, but I doubt it is true – I would recommend that we all chip in and buy him a computer with “spell checker” – or maybe he should sell his P-rig and invest in a high school education – or quit smoking the weed he found behind the outhouse – I am more than willing to demonstrate an AWD hemi powered Magnum if he will show up with HIS P-rig and some CASH – please forward this note to Duncan if you know who he is - Chuck
Old 12-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Just did a quick on line check of this super station wagon.

There is the SE model (2.7 190bhp V6), the SXT (3.5 250 bhp V6), and the RT (5.7 340 bhp V8).

The RT with just RWD weighs 4125lbs, and the RT with AWD weighs 4336lbs.

It will tow 2000 lbs, but the RT with towing package will still only handle 3800 lbs. This is important because it rules it out as a viable tow vehicle for my race car...

Road and Track tested the RT (article did not state if it was a RWD or AWD verion) at 0-60mph of 6.1 seconds, and a quarter mile of 14.6 seconds @ 97.4 mph. I think those stats pretty much speak for themselves. Faster than my jeep cherokee but not faster than my P-car. And I would guess we have the top end by 20 mph or more.

I find it interesting that people want to compare their sedans, wagons, SUVs, and pickups to sports cars. I dont try to outload a pickup by showing off my 964 full of 2x4's. I dont try to put more kids in my back seat than an SUV. Why do they want to try to race me....
Old 12-15-2004, 03:48 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Darn! I sometimes haul 2x4's in my P-car instead of my truck.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Syd B.
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 339 Posts

I had a similar experience back in October with a hemi-filled 300C, revving his artificial manhood at a light. He kept staring at me and laughing. When the light turned green, he peeled off with everything his Chrysler would muster, all the while, looking sideways at me. That all changed when he rammed into the back of a bus about 100 yards through the intersection. Now, I'm no saint and normally, I might have taken his bait, however, I had my 18 year old son with me that morning and I hardly wanted to demonstrate that kind of behavior in front of him. Instead, as we drove by the 300C, steam now pouring out from under its hood, I told my son that sometimes it was just good enough to know that you have the faster car.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Flagg
Racer

hey Syd,

I like what you told your son.............I have thought the same thing myself at times. I have a story similar to yours - except the car was a Suburu WRX, and that instead bus - there was a cop pulling up at the next intersection.

I had not taken the bait that time...........and he got the ticket.

Flagg
Old 12-16-2004, 07:09 PM
914und993
Pro

I have another one. I was in the C4 and my father was following in his 993 Tip. We were cruising at about 95 mph (speed limit was 75) and passed a clot of cars, one of which included a red Ford Mustang Cobra. I guess his manhood was somehow called into question, because he pulled in right behind my Dad. As we got past the group of cars, I pulled back into the right hand lane and my Dad pulled in behind. We were coming to the crest of a hill, and by habit I back it down to within 10 mph of the speed limit even though I had a V1 with me. Well, the Mustang had to show who was boss, and roared past us over the crest of the hill. What do you think we saw when we crested the hill too? Yep, little red Mustang pulled over by a State Trooper. I could hardly stop laughing. I wonder what he got clocked at?

Chip
Old 12-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Yea it's very interesting what people will do or say when their manhood is called into question. The reply to my experience with the Wagon has not gone without the rebuttle of the Chrysler enthusiests crowd. I do appreciate the the post of that message and it was well received, however it does not change the fact that I (myself) and my P-car stomped that HEMI and I quote " HEMI" powered production car 100,000 per month piece of crap into the ground.

You know, it would not matter if I had video footage of the race, those neandathals would not beleive it. They would swear up and down that I used trick photograghy or something.

As far as spelling goes, I'll be the first to admit that my spelling SUUUUCKS, but I did complete 4 years of college, and am now working on my masters, of which I will graduate December,2005. Fortunately for me and many others the second year of college is the last you'll see of being graded for spelling. I now have professors with doctorates degrees that spell more poorly than I do. but who really cares; I know I don't, just as long as I can interprate what's being said.

Quick Reply: haHA, guess what pulled up!!