Sponsored by:

964 Child Restraint Tether Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 08:48 PM
DerkBarrington
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 964 Child Restraint Tether Kit

I recently imported my C4 into Canada from the states. The federal inspection requires that I install the child seat tether anchors that came standard on canadian 964's. I was wondering if there is an installtion kit available from Porsche. I checked the Pelican site but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have part numbers or advise. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated..... it's the only thing left to complete before I can drive my new 964 !!!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Gregg-K
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Derk,

I went through this myself a few years ago, and got the 'Federalization' done at Canadian Tire. They supplied the anchor kit, $7.95. It didn't need to be installed, it was good enough just to be in the glove box. Beats me ...

BTW, be aware that teh US cars have a different rear parcel shelf than the Cdn cars: Cdn cars have a slot in them to pass the anchor tether.
.. Gregg
gregg-k@spyder-it.com
Old 11-16-2004, 09:34 AM
DerkBarrington
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,

I'm off to Canadian Tire ... hopefully I won't get a **** inspector that will insist that I install the kit.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:33 PM
mingson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the link from the P-car site. It has the instructions for how to mount the tether. I believe the 964 is the same.

http://members.rennlist.com/movies1/Child_Seat.html
Old 11-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Gregg-K
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope they cut you some slack, Derk ... I know several people who have had teh same expereince as I. I think it's because even new cars don't have the anchor installed when they arrive.

Talking about luck, my nephew works for Transport Canada, and he told me they just got a Ferrari that the immigration folks seized at the border. Somehow the guy had got it into the country and checked by throught hte RIV process, and it wasn't even close ... guess there's at lease one really slack inspector out there.

.. Gregg

Quick Reply: 964 Child Restraint Tether Kit