Sponsored by:

911 must-have: Xenon headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 09:45 AM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Marc;
Both, I guess, since I think in this case they're related. I can't imagine a system with a single beam strength and pattern that could possibly be safe. If you can see the odd deer then the old dear coming at you is dazzled.
I've read of systems with little moveable shutters to raise the beam - in the perfect world those might just work. But I think the aftermarket really needs to create a fully integrated, three lamp, properly reflectored and lensed system - or we can live with Silverstars. They're really not that bad, and they're designed for the existing lights. Just my CDN$ 0.02 (i.e. next to worthless, really!)
Darryl
Old 01-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Europe a lot of BMW/VW Audi etc come with discharge lights standard.
At night they are easy to pick out as they are the cars being flashed by oncoming traffic and being let by as you do NOT want one behind you especially on a bumpy road!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:41 AM
GP964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi All,

I also have HIDs installed on my 964 with a H4 upgrade.

I could get a set if anyones interested, either just low beam or both low/high beams.

The ones I installed are made by Hella Germany. Just shoot me an email: gp661motorsports@yahoo.com

Thanks

LJ
Old 01-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Christer
I actually find my lights perform totally OK in the dark....
Christer, you still running xenon bulbs on regular wattage? Vision plus or the like..If so do they blow often? Ta..
Old 01-28-2005, 11:08 PM
slingshot C2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
So, are the stock lights in a US/Canada car 9003/H4's?

I ask as I want to upgrade to Xenons too and found an upgrade kit at Performance Parts (a Rennlist Sponsor ) at http://www.performanceproducts.com/P...producttype=10

Where have people on this side of the pond got their upgrade kits and have anyone tried these??

Marc
those retro fit kits can be had on ebay for 1/2 the price PP's selling them for. there is a guy in Vancouver who sells regularly on ebay for $239 US

sylvania xenarc 7" HID lights are available from PP. I had a set here, but chose to stick with my H4's. I'll eventually do the retro fit kit once I take care of the tab for my engine rebuild
Old 01-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by slingshot C2
those retro fit kits can be had on ebay for 1/2 the price PP's selling them for. there is a guy in Vancouver who sells regularly on ebay for $239 US

sylvania xenarc 7" HID lights are available from PP. I had a set here, but chose to stick with my H4's. I'll eventually do the retro fit kit once I take care of the tab for my engine rebuild
I have ordered a set of H4 upgrades - that seems to be the first step. Once they are installed, if it still does not seem like enough, I'll go the Xenon route but likely Hella's from a Rennlist member (GP964).

Marc
Old 02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
malc elliott
Advanced

Been doing a bit of digging and found these HID Bi-xenon conversion kits for £299.99 here in the UK.
They do seem to be getting cheaper now, I'm tempted.
http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=6

Quick Reply: 911 must-have: Xenon headlights