Winter Park Concours d'Elegance

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool Winter Park Concours d'Elegance

A few photos I took with the digital camera... there are many mores but those will have to wait until I develop the 35mm rolls... enjoy:

Old 10-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Some more:

One of my dream cars:

Old 10-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Wink

and a few more:

The new Corvette C6:

this one does not need an intro:

nor this one (btw the owner of this car also had a perfect example of a Bugatti EB 110 on display):

Last edited by Wachuko; 10-17-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

some very nice 356s and a Speedster:

Old 10-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Just one more since this too has always been a dream car for me...

This car has been waiting for me at the dealer in Clearwater... just the color combo that I want...

So many cars... so little money

I am positive others that attended will chime in and post their photos. A good selection of cars... Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Bugatti, Mercedes, Jaguar... and the list goes on and on... great weather, food, and beautiful cars!
Old 10-17-2004, 11:54 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pics, Jaime!
Brian
Old 10-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by bhensarl
Thanks for the pics, Jaime!
Brian
Brian, I just read your post on the car accident I hope you can resolve that quickly and get back on the road. Glad to hear you are ok. Still hurts to see our babies like that...
Old 10-18-2004, 09:19 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Darn i didnt even hear about the show! Looks like some of the same cars that were in the Mt. Dora show a few months ago. Some real beauties. That grey 356 looks like my friend Bradys car.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimq
Darn i didnt even hear about the show! Looks like some of the same cars that were in the Mt. Dora show a few months ago. Some real beauties. That grey 356 looks like my friend Bradys car.
I was unable to go to the Mt. Dora event. Must have been nice! I had the kids with me (that is my daughter in the photos) and at the beginning she was all over the photos and the cars showing details and making faces... two hours later she was making drawings on papers with a car in a circle and a line crossing it... you know.. like "no more cars please!!"... anyway we had fun... I took her to a fair close by to compensate for her turture at looking at all these beauties

Here is link of another site with more photos:

http://www.espritv8.com/multimedia/WP2004.htm
Old 10-18-2004, 11:30 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jaime,
Who do you get to work on your car around here. I am about due for a valve adjustment. Been able to take care of most my problems which have been actually very little in 1 1/2 years of ownership. I let Ultimate Motor Works do things on my old 911 but dont think they are set up for the 964 nor was i happy on how long it took to get stuff done.
Thanks for the help in advance
Jim
Old 10-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimq
Jaime,
Who do you get to work on your car around here. I am about due for a valve adjustment. Been able to take care of most my problems which have been actually very little in 1 1/2 years of ownership. I let Ultimate Motor Works do things on my old 911 but dont think they are set up for the 964 nor was i happy on how long it took to get stuff done.
Thanks for the help in advance
Jim
I have the workshop manuals (the books, not the cd so if anyone is listening ), a computer in the garage with the PET, and the vast amount of information and help from this forum So I do most of the work myself. I save quite a good $ amount in the process and enjoy getting personal with the car (sick, I know ).

When I need to take it for a major job (alignment, clutch work, God forbid internals!, etc) I just take it to the Porsche dealer. So far, for that type of work, with the PCA discount it comes close to the cost of an independent shop (and it has better warranty). In the case of the evaporator I took it in for a quote and was put off by the labor cost... seems to be a time consuming task, not difficult but time consuming... so I decided to save some 1200.00 and do it myself.

15k service intervals can be tackle as a diy task... no need to pay for someone else to do that imho. I do take it in for the diff fluid flush (I do not have a Bosch Hammer).

Quick Reply: Winter Park Concours d'Elegance