Sponsored by:

Dean McCrary Porsche Open House in Mobile, AL

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004 | 07:55 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Default Dean McCrary Porsche Open House in Mobile, AL

Today Dean McCrary Porsche in Mobile sponsored an open house for our club, and it was much more than I expected. There were the obligatory Porsche video showings, a nice little door prize giveaway, an awesome catered lunch, and the icing on the cake, they offered to let us test drive any car on the lot! Including the 997 Carrera S! Needless to say I took them up on that offer. I admit that I have very little experience with Porsches, and even less with $100,000 dollar autos (the window sticker price on this S was $99,500) but the experience was incredible. Handling, power, brakes all seamlessly integrated and so intuitive. And it was pouring down rain! Wow. I also drove a Boxster S 550. Definitely didn't get a chance to take it to its limits, but I think I'll keep my 964...
But if they offered to trade me for the 997, that might be a different story.
Here are some pictures.
P.S. Has anyone ever seen a mint green 964 like the one in the pictures? I don't know that I'd want mine that color, but I think it's really cool!

Brian
Attached Images      
Old 10-10-2004 | 11:12 AM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

I saw mint green described somewhere as 'continuing Porsche's tradition of producing bold, safe colours' and I guess it is fairly obvious.... According to Peter Morgan's book, in 1992 if you wanted a flat colour your choices were red, white, black, bright blue (maritime), bright pink (rubystone) and two greens one of which was mint!

Quick Reply: Dean McCrary Porsche Open House in Mobile, AL