Sponsored by:

Spoiler Warning light!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Carreralund
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler Warning light!

Suddenly my Spoiler warning light stop working. It does not light up when the ignition is on before engine start. Tried changing the bulb but did not fix it. Need some help to find the problem, anyone got an idea?
Old 10-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking it's one of a few things. Let me say that I have a whale tail on mine and not the retractable spoiler... But it used to be one there and there is a fix on here to STOP the spoiler light from coming on by shorting out the connector in the engine bay... But I digress...

If you've checked the bulb and the master bulb and their connections are clean... I'm thinking it could be...

1. Pop apart the connector on the inside right of the engine bay. It's held in a clip on the right side wall just behind or in front of the oil filter. It is black and a little larger than a 35MM film canister. Make sure all the connections are clean and there is no corrosion.

2. There must be a switch on the spoiler itself that tells the light to activate. You may need to remove the grill and motor assembly to check everything out. Give everything the "once over."

3. A fuse?

I don't know if I was much help here... But sometimes you can get too close to a problem and don't think of everything.

Rick
Old 10-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it's a strong possibility - but one that shouldn't be overlooked completely - but the connections on the back of the clock which supply all of the warning lights in the clock face are a well-known problem area. The 15 or so pins are effectively rivetted to the printed circuit board and often develop a bad connection. If you are handy with a solfering iron it's not too difficult to remove the PCB from the back of the clock (you need to remove 2 screws and un-solder 3 connections to the clock itself) and solder around each of the pins of the connector. You need to do this on the INSIDE surface of the PCB since that's where the connection to the tracks are.

This solved an issue I had with my spoiler light not coming on and also eliminated a problem with the charging light too.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dave.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Warning light!