Rear Centre reflector

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 04:39 AM
eddychan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Centre reflector

Dear 964ers,

I had a terrible day when my air-con broke down in the hottest day here in Hong Kong. I had it reapired ( it was the compressor!) but it was not my issue here. While trying to clean up the air-con system, I accidently spilt some air-con cleaning fluid onto the " Rear Centre Reflector" and it acidic fluid caused some ugly looking stain.

Anyway! I need a new centre reflector. I had a look at the Pelican parts and it is just about 310 US dollars. Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere which offers a lower price. 310 US dollars for a peice of plastic is quite something but may be this is a noraml Porsche part price?

In the end I will pay whatever it is simply because it looks horrible at the moment.

Cheers!

Eddie
Old 09-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Flagg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie,

I can think of no better time to go for a REAR fog light like the European's had the option of on their C2s. You have to replace that whole part. It will give you something unique, and complete your dash with a cool rear fog light button.

Read my article "RS America Euro Rear Fog Light". I document everything I did to make the change - and all the part numbers - and prices, when I made the change 11 or so years ago. I don't know if these parts still exist or how much the prices have changed...........but it is worth looking into.

I have never met another RSA or C2 with this option - you could be the second..........

Flagg

http://www.rsamerica.net/articles/member/index.htm
Old 09-22-2004, 09:39 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Try Sunset Imports in Oregon. Thats where I got the best deal. Less then $200 shipped but that was a year ago and seeing how Porsche has gone bonkers on prices it may have gone way up. Search the arcives for web site and phone number.

Quick Reply: Rear Centre reflector