Clear side marker lenses

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 11:25 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clear side marker lenses

What do you guys think about putting marker lenses on a US car? To be honest, I'm really not excited about putting holes in my car that aren't supposed to be there, but I think those little Euro lights just look so sharp! Oh, and uh, they're safer. I mean, little blinkers on the side so other people know you're turning, that's safer, right?... (I'm trying any way I can to justify this. I really like the look.) Okay, I know this is a purely aesthetic thing, but it's not going to affect my airflow or anything so doesn't that mean I can overlook the fact that it's a mod solely for the sake of "cool looks". I don't think it'll affect my auto-x times any...

Brian
P.S. Does anybody know anything about this car? I found the pic on Pelican's BBS. Love those white door handles.
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2004, 11:59 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,

I'm not crazy about "drilling" the car and personally I don't do irreversible cosmetic upgrades. However, I do like the look of Euro side markers and especially fond of Euro rear bumpers.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:11 AM
splattergasted
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll second PC2's comments...lived in the UK for a while and I was quite fond of the European rear bumpers...oh wait, you're still talking about Porsches. Yea..they're nice too.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:45 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian,

I'd agree on the safety issue - I guess that's why European law requires them. However, I would be careful on the fitting since the lights only clip into the hole there are no screws - so the size and shape of the hole is ABSOLUTELY critical - and I'm not sure that it's a round hole either!! I'd strongly recommend getting some accurate info before you go drilling holes in your pride and joy.

Best regards

Dave (with side markers)
Old 09-08-2004, 05:45 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian,

I know nothing of the car in question but I suspect the door handles are 993 items which are mega $$$'s and almost impossible to find second hand.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:37 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Blimey, I would do without these if I could as I think they spoil the lines.........

Anyays the holes in my are round, two of them...one for the light/lense unit wiring, and the other for the tang on the lens to be sprung into for location.

kevin

Quick Reply: Clear side marker lenses