Sponsored by:

Dual Exit Exhaust Tip

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Dual Exit Exhaust Tip

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of a dual exit pipe for the 964? I want to use it with my existing G-Pipe and simply replace the single tip with a dual exit tip.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jim!
Don't know where to get one from, but I did see a 964 with a twin pipe tip a while ago, so it is possible! Not sure I liked the look though....

Andy
Old 09-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Not sure if we're thinking of the same thing but I have a Turbo bodied car so I have an exit each side, I'm not after a twin pipe tip on the right.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:30 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Essential styling do a twin outlet exhaust......ie one tip on the LHS, another on the RHS, that said its a £500+ system, not just an add-on.

Kevin
Old 09-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Gavin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RUF do/did a twin exit tailpipe that just fitted on to the single exit pipe of the final exhaust box. From memory it had an angled cut to each pipe and one pipe was set back slightly from the other. Thinking about it I think Cargraphic sell one.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:27 PM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking for the same part!

Here are some links that have dual exit mufflers:
http://www.design911.co.uk
http://www.1pollux.de/phg-automotive...shop/shop.html
http://www.haywardandscott.co.uk/products.htm
www.fvd.de
The only dual exit pipe I found is on:
http://www.essentialstyling.com
Cheers
Old 09-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Gavin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just had a look on the cargraphic website (www.cargraphic.co.uk) and they supply them...
Old 09-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Hi guys,

I don't think the Cargraphic system is what is intended here - they only do a dual exit pipe, i.e. one pipe on the right which has two attached tail pipes. I think what Jim is after is a dual exit muffler-type appearance, i.e. with an exit pipe on the right (as standard) and an exit pipe on the left (like the Turbo).

Short of welding on a dummy exit on the left I don't think anyone makes such a thing - other than buying one of the dual exit mufflers like Fabspeed, H&S or FVD produce. The system that Essential Styling sell is also a system since it has to use a primary silencer bypass pipe to make enough space for the connecting pipe for the dual outlets. It also requires that you retain the secondary muffler (otherwise there is NO muffler). The problem of getting "just" a dual tail pipe to fit in place of the G Pipe is that there is no room to get the left exit pipe in place if the primary muffler is there. It would have to be welded to the left side of the primary muffler - which would require internal mods to the primary muffler if it were to actually exhaust gases.

I've got the Fabspeed dual outlet on my car (you can just about see it on the avatar) and it sounds great. The H&S system is similar sounding too - but made in the UK.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Dave
Old 09-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Dave,

Spot on, that is exactly what I require though at £370 + VAT the Essential Styling kit is more than I had wanted to pay for the look.

Anyone have an old standard exhaust tip they are willing to sell me as I'm sure rigging up a bracket to fix it in place would not be too difficult.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
ian c - u.k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the essential styluing kit is just a pipe that goes over to the left (behind bumper) with 2 tail pipes welded on .
i dont think it is a silencer box like my fabspeed is .

i remember speaking to essentail before i bought the fabspeed , and you can buy cat bypass , g-pipe , and cup-pipe seperate . so , if you allready have these , you can just buy the final pipe with the duals welded on .

(hope that makes sense !! )
Old 09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Ian,

There is a little comment on the Essential Styling site that the cross-over dual outlet pipe "MUST" be used with a Cup Pipe. As I said in my earlier post, I suspect that is because there is insufficient room for the cross-over pipe to fit behind the rear bumper if the space is occupied by the standard primary silencer. You're right, in that you CAN buy the parts separately (the cross-over pipe is £250 + VAT) but you won't be able to fit it unless you also have a Cup Pipe. Simon mentions that you can also use the cross-over pipe with a G-Pipe - but that would mean using both Cup AND G-Pipe - hence no silencer at all!!!
I think the Fabspeed is the best solution too!!

Best regards

Dave

Quick Reply: Dual Exit Exhaust Tip