Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help quick

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004 | 02:37 PM
911wings
Instructor

Default Need help quick

After driving an hour today, I felt a click in my transmission and now my shifter's shaft rotates . I took the **** off and the console but how do i get the rubber boot off so that i can see in to the linkage? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 08-28-2004 | 03:04 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You'll probably need to take a look under the car to view it best. Can you still shift?

It would be better to take off the under-body covering and check what came loose from below - that's where the goodies are. Likely some part of the linkage popped loose.
Old 08-29-2004 | 08:47 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

There is a bolt who secures the connection to the gear box shaft. If this one is not secured with some Loctite, I may come loose. Also on the fron side of the selection shaft [horizonal under the tunnel] is a ball joint. This is located in the tunne near your pedal area. If you remove the plates under the car, you will find it quik. This could get out if it has too much play.
Old 08-29-2004 | 08:46 PM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

This happened to me about 6 months ago - turning into my parking area the gear lever just flopped around loose and I was in neutral. Luckily managed to coast off the road. Check inside the trans tunnel by removing the under shielding. You may find the nylon socket for the ball joint at the base of the lever has come apart or disintergrated entirely. If so you'll have to wire it up temporarily to get you to a garage or order a new end for the shift rod that connects to the front of the gearbox.
I had mine fixed by the local opc and after a 2 week delivery period(!) and a lot of effort managed to get the thing apart only to find the other end was also breaking up. Anyway not expensive but difficult to diy because of the force needed to re assemble the joints. I have a diagram somewhere if you need it.

Good luck
Old 08-30-2004 | 07:43 PM
911wings
Instructor

Ive taken apart my console and the shift boots. what is the silver tube that is attached to th eshaft and what is supposed to be attached there? I found only one pin that looks to have been attached to the tube at one time. I will take pictures tomorrow

Quick Reply: Need help quick