Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car drives like new, great Sunday afternoon drive....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 03:30 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car drives like new, great Sunday afternoon drive....

Yesterday, I took the opportunity to take the Porsche for a fast drive thru the area where I live.

Mom was minding her own stuff, so I had a few hours doing what I didn't do for long time.

A combination of a new clutch slave cylinder, new rotors and Shell V-Power made the car feel like new. Because of the holiday season overhere, the roads where almost empty so..........

The V-Power does give the engine some extra bite, you can feel that, the car runs smoother, the fuel consumption I really didn't measure...

As soon the engine was really warm, I shifted not sooner then between 5000 and 5500 rpm every time, and he liked it, the engine made a really loud sound a a hungry lion..............

Breaking like a tank, the smell of burning friction material, just great!

After the trip, I let the car cool down for a 10 minutes and back in the garage i let it Idle for another 5 minutes before I switched of.
No oil smell, just a really hot engine which had a nice afternoon togheter with his proud ownwer......

Thought I just tell you guys..........
Old 08-16-2004, 08:20 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great drive.

Just a quick question. Your car is not a turbo, why would you let it idle for that long before you shut it off?

Regards,

Sonny
Old 08-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Let a car idle before shutt it of is also for a turbo car better to cool down. Most important to do this for a turbo car, but it does good to the materials to have time to come back to normal tempratures.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:53 AM
Christer
Race Car

Arjan

If the car is standing still then there is no airflow so on our cars the temperature will go up, but it is up to you of course!

Quick Reply: Car drives like new, great Sunday afternoon drive....