Sponsored by:

Phil R, missing your C4? Buy it back!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:10 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Phil R, missing your C4? Buy it back!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...486922905&rd=1
Old 08-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Farp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil knows she's for sale - I spoke to him before advertising her... Sadly, I have to part with her. Had a lot of interest and someone is coming to see her in about an hour....

A spot of polish and elbow grease yesterday and she's shining like a baldy napper. I was quite proud of the photo in the ad though - taken just outside Marlow.

Anyway, Phil's warned me that EBay sales can be a bit of a minefield so we'll see how it goes...

Mike
Old 08-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Farp
Instructor

BTW - It's by far the most popular auction I've ever had on EBay - it's getting about 300 views per day and 26 people have it in their "watch" list...
Old 08-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Farp
BTW - It's by far the most popular auction I've ever had on EBay - it's getting about 300 views per day and 26 people have it in their "watch" list...
I didn't know that you could tell how many folks have it in their watch list. How do you do that?
Old 08-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wish I could buy it back. Hope you make a profit, Mike
Old 08-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Farp
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ruairidh
I didn't know that you could tell how many folks have it in their watch list. How do you do that?
You can see this in your "My eBay" summary page - it may only be in the new version of the page which was a beta version I signed up for a while ago. It's a big improvement though. You now get something that looks like the attached....
Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Farp
Instructor

Originally Posted by Phil Raby
... Hope you make a profit, Mike
No chance of that Phil - the BIN price is less than I paid. I'll be happy to exit the deal a few hundred pounds down. It's been worth it for the experience in such a great car and reflects the fact that there's a service bill not too far off. Can't say fairer than that. Grab yourselves a bargain....
Old 08-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that Mike - thats something I didn't know. Sorry that you're leaving us so quick - that does look a good deal and I still love those wheels!
Old 08-16-2004, 03:37 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You going to do a Raby, Mike and get another one in five minutes?
Old 08-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Farp
Instructor

I don't think so John - more likely a V70 T5 or something for me. I need to be able to lug some junk around (but would still like something fairly quick!). The car has now been sold to a very pleasant chap who missed the chance when Phil originally had it for sale. Guess he thinks it's too good to be true. I will pass the baton of Rennlist to him of course, though as he owns 3 other Porsches today (928, 968 & 968 Cab) I'd be surprised if he's not already on here somewhere! I think the 968 is going to make way for the new arrival.

Your other thread John really puts things in perspective. My heart goes out to you and Paula and your family and friends. I've never met you nor even spoken to you but I've marvelled at your strength and composure and was touched by the fact you took time to add to this thread with everything else that's going on in your life. My thoughts are with you both.

Quick Reply: Phil R, missing your C4? Buy it back!