Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedal cluster - am I missing a something?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 11:08 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pedal cluster - am I missing a something?

This would be easier if I could upload a photo - I have one, but can't send it until Monday. So, I've attached my attempt at a picture.

I took my pedal cluster out to check whether the heavy clutch was due to binding and whether the hanging clutch was also a problem with the pedal assembly (I know it's likely to be the slave cyclinder).

But - it looks to me like a part is missing. I've marked the hole where the shaft for the return spring passes through the pedal cluster housing. But above this there is another hole - and a recess in the plastic assembly which connects the pedal to the return spring - which looks like a dowell of some kind should be fitted there.

I checked Pet - and I couldn't see anything on there. But it looks wrong - there is a hole in the housing, and a recess in the plastic. It looks like I must have a missing dowell. Can anyone who has removed their pedal assembly comment?

If you can't tell what you're looking at from my art skills I'll upload the photo on Monday.
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2004, 03:34 AM
DaveK
Race Car

OK - since my amazing art work didn't get an answer, here is a photo of the part I'm talking about. I've circled the hole in the pedal housing. There is a recess in the white plastic part on the other side of the housing. I've added a close-up as well, in which you should be able to see the recess in the plastic through the hole. The recess shifts slightly as the pedal is moved so it can be lined up perfectly.
Attached Images   
Old 08-09-2004, 04:39 AM
Christer
Race Car

I have no idea, but shall we go for a drive soon?
Old 08-09-2004, 04:46 AM
DaveK
Race Car

An excellent plan. I can't this weekend though - might be able to the weekend after if you're free.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:39 AM
Christer
Race Car

Greg was talking about 21/22 but I am in Rome. At the moment the weekend after might be possible, so I'll contact you off line about that. Anyone else interested in a Surrey/Kent or Home Counties meet, just PM me...
Old 08-09-2004, 06:11 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget that the bank holiday weekend after that is the Porsche Fesitval at Brands!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:36 AM
DaveK
Race Car

At the risk of being slightly boring, could we wait until someone comments on my pedals before discussing our social calendars?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Christer
Race Car

Sure, go ahead.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:16 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveK
At the risk of being slightly boring, could we wait until someone comments on my pedals before discussing our social calendars?
Dave: Nobody has a clue about the pedal cluster. Can we reopen your social calendar just to get some activity?
Old 08-09-2004, 05:07 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Hi,
Well, at least someone is helpful! Thanks to Matthai for this photo which clearly shows I'm not missing anything. The red circle is the hole I circled on my photo - the yellow circle is a recess which lines up with the hole if the pedal is pushed forward.

Must admit, looking at it now I'm wondering how it could work if there was a dowell there....
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2004, 05:20 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think that hole is there for you to insert a dowel to hold the pedal into a pushed down position if you ever want to work on it.

Have you adjusted the spring tensioner? It's that hex bolt that is next to the yellow circle in your pic.

Back it out several turns and it should lighten up your pedal.

Quick Reply: Pedal cluster - am I missing a something?