Sponsored by:

Happy ending and thanks to PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Bob Krantz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy ending and thanks to PCNA

As some of you might remember from earlier posts and from Running Reports in 911&PW mag, I have gone through several episodes of the classic 964 miss-fire. Late in 2002, the cure was effected by replacing the air-flow sensor at the dealership in Anchorage, Alaska. Soon after, I moved to Houston, Texas. Late in 2003 the symptoms started to re-occur, but with the recent airflow sensor replacement I looked elsewhere for the cause. Meanwhile, I also discovered that the local dealership refused to service pre-993 series cars--not impressive customer relations. Thus I sought out an independent shop. By the spring of 2004, the car was almost stalling at times, so I dropped it at the shop while I was out-of-town. They soon diagnosed a bad air-flow sensor. At that time I contacted the Anchorage dealer. They told me that the service/parts warranty was in effect, but that I would have to take the car to another dealer. I replied that this was (1) impractical at best and (2) annoying since the Houston dealer had already turned down my business. The only recourse I had was to contact PCNA. They took the history over the phone, created a case number, and without promising anything, said they might be able to do something. After the idependent shop replaced the sensor, I sent the receipt to PCNA. They responded with a check for $642 to cover the cost of the replacement part. I want to publically thank Brian Sutton at PCNA for a very satisfactory resolution. (Note that if I had just bought the part over the counter, I could have returned it for replacment without the issue of dealer service.)
Old 08-01-2004, 02:26 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is good to hear.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:40 AM
Surf Twang
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very encouraging especially in light of the PCNA horror stories found on the 996 and Cayanne boards. Congratulations on getting the problem resolved.

Quick Reply: Happy ending and thanks to PCNA