Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where path does speaker wire take?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 06:15 AM
jonfkaminsky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where path does speaker wire take?

My driver side door stereo speakers have decided to take a dump. Rears are okay. I traced the wires from the head unit back to the amp under the passenger seat. I checked all of them them there and all is okay. The wires appear to take a u-turn and head back up toward the area under the dash where they enter a larger harness of wires. From here I lose it. The supply wire is dead at cross-over in the door. Can anyone fill me in as to where the speaker wire is traveling between these two places? And somewhere it needs to bifurcate and send signals to the rear speakers of the car.

Thanks in advance
Jon

Last edited by jonfkaminsky; 07-29-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:35 AM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jon
The speaker cables along with I guess the rear wiper and heated rear window come together into a black mass and head down the RHS of the rear. It looks as if they then run forward under the rear side trim, under the front seat belt mounting point.... and that's where I lose them, I never had to strip that bit out I'd guess they are under the side piece of carpet and direct to the amp but I could be wrong, maybe they run to the front and back out again via the centre console?
Attached Images  
Old 07-29-2004, 11:37 AM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoops, sorry, just re-read the post and see it's the doors you're interested in, not the rears

Quick Reply: Where path does speaker wire take?