Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problems and ABS/PDAS System

Old 07-25-2004, 04:31 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

As DaveK says, your problem is sounding like a charging issue - I just re-read your original post and it was hard to tell if you had a drain from sitting, or it was not charging.

Sorry if I got you off track before!

Are you sure your alternator and voltage regulator are in good shape - how did you test it before? With the PDAS plugged in, and car running is the voltage at the battery the same as when the PDAS is not plugged in and engine running??

How about when the engine is running with PDAS unplugged, then turn on everything in sight - lights, radio, fans - how does the voltage react?
Old 07-25-2004, 05:00 PM
iceberg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tested with a voltmeter. Will have to repeat voltage test this with PDAS system hooked and unhooked to compare values. Also need to ensure the voltage regulator is function properly. Will get back to work on this tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Also, have a question about a water leak finally isolated today. Will write a separate post on this one.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:10 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only think that maybe the alternator or battery are only just OK, and the extra load from the PDAS pushes it over the edge. Doesn't sound very convincing, I know.

I think checking the voltage with / without PDAS would be a good start.

40ma drain at rest is actually quite high (did you make sure the luggage compartment light was off?). I haven't tested mine for a while but I'm pretty sure it was 13 - with an alarm / immobiliser active. It doesn't sound like it's your problem - but it is quite a high drain.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical Problems and ABS/PDAS System