Sponsored by:

DME Reset

Old 07-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DME Reset

I understand the reset for the DME is followed by a 'spirited' drive for 15 minutes or so. What happens if during this period you get stuck in traffic? How will the car run then? I ask because last time I reset my DME I was in the heart of Wales and was able to drive flat out. It is unlikeley I will beable to do this near where I live if I still wish to retain my licence. My car is running rough and although I understand that this is not a permanent fix, a temporary one would be nice at the moment.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:52 AM
asbi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,
Alternatively pop it up the road to either 9M or Hartech and get them to do a "System Adaption" for you, this helped me-following a period when I had the battery disconnected the engine just didn't feel "right", this cured it.
Cheers,
Old 07-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, plenty of places around manchester to do some Spirited driving if you dont mind driving 30 minutes or so! I used to live in Prestbury (Nr Wilmslow) and commuted to Deansgate everyday. Have you considered waiting until dark and driving up into some of the surrounding backroads.The great thing is you can see any approaching headlamps for miles and miles at night.

My brother-in-law was a fairly well known rally driver when I was a teenager and used to spend many nights honing his skills up on the backroads between Macclesfield/Buxton. I remember being scared to death by him one time when we were out in his Darrian T9 on these roads. ..talk about white knuckles....
Old 07-22-2004, 04:30 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, to be honest I wouldn't worry too much about getting a flat-out run for the car after a DME reset. After all, the DME still adapts constantly anyway and it needs to experience a wide variety of driving not just WOT....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DME Reset