Sponsored by:

Suppliers of rolls of cloth interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 01:43 PM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Suppliers of rolls of cloth interiors?

An unusual request, but if you don't ask....

I've been speaking to a couple of UK trimmers recently about doing some work on my slate grey interior - I bought a set of sports seats (currently in black pinstripe) that need covering, the rear seats need re-covering, the lower part of the 'b' pillar needs re-covering and one of the door bins needs replacing.

I'd like to cover the seats in 'Multi-Check Studio' cloth, but this is proving difficult to get hold of. One of the bigger trimmers in the UK has been very helpful and holds rolls of the Studio trim in black and cobalt blue but I was really hoping for one of various shades of grey that existed between 1989 and 1993. I can get any colour made up so long as I buy 20,000 metres of that colour at £5 a metre....

I'm going to have a look at the black and cobalt blue at the weekend, but I wondered if anyone in Europe or the US has come across any dealers or trimmers with stocks of the Studio cloth? Most people go the other way (to leather) so cloth doesn't seem too good a thing to hold on to!

Any pointers much appreciated
Old 07-21-2004, 05:25 AM
asbi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David,
I assume that you have spoken to Southbound Trimmers? They would be ny start point for getting access to the original suppliers/manufacturers of trim materials.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:05 PM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Kevin, Southbound are the guys with the black and cobalt blue Studio trim and David there has provided loads of helpful info. I wish I could remember the exact numbers he told me, but they stock something like 40 different cloths, which to me sounds incredible, but Porsche have actually made close to 200!

It's obviously not a popular 'upgrade' path, but I suspect there are dealers or trimmers out there with the stuff on their shelves.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My brother tried various outlets in the US for replacement fabric for his 911's seats.

Southbound ended up to be THE only place he could get this fabric from. They definitely were helpful when he inquired. US places could not help at all.

Here's a shot of his redone seats:

Old 07-21-2004, 04:11 PM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

I really like the Pasha trim; there's something very classic 911 about it! I suspect if Southbound can't get the Studio check then no-one can

Quick Reply: Suppliers of rolls of cloth interiors?