Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Great Drive today....(sorry more pix!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Another Great Drive today....(sorry more pix!)

Today Surf Twang and I ventured out once more in search of twisty roads and fine Northern Californian culinary delights...we met with great success plus some newly minted Porsche enthusiasts:

I sat and studied at the top of the hill and waited for David's RSA to appear on the road below:

I didn't have to wait very long before the familiar sound of a thundering flat 6 met my ears (I decided to turn my ignition off so as not to overheat and waited some more) Then the midnight blue RSA appeared below and within no time pulled up alongside:

The RSA was as sleek, shiny and dazzling as always:

Trying to keep her in sight was another matter entirely:

Finally we stopped and had lunch outside where we could watch the hoards of admirers forming lines to view our beautiful 964's.

BTW, ST was that chili burger comparable at all to the ones you remember in New Mexico? (I totally forgot to ask)
Old 07-18-2004, 07:37 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

Gotta' love the old timers on their motorcycle, combined with a double-yellow lane divider!!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Almost having completed our drive we got stuck behind slower traffic.....yup, another Porsche!! After failing to goad the absolutely brand spanking new (still sporting dealer plates) Special edition Boxster to join in our little twisty game, we decided she must be dealt with by a flash of the lights, beep on the horn and the sound of a flat 6 howling past!

After finishing off our drive, I was just exiting my car when a 'GT silver' Boxster pulled into the parking lot - I was expecting to get some pointers on my, ahem, overtaking etiquette. However I was greeted by the very, very pleasant Leyla (like the song) and Nile (like the river) who stopped to explain that they had just aquired their new toy (a Carrera GT silver 2004 BoxsterS 550 Spyder special edition - like the one on the cover of Excellence last month) only 24 hours previously and were taking it on its maiden voyage along the twisty back roads! Not only were these guys super nice and very complimentary about OUR cars, they also offered to get out of the spyder so we could grab some pics:

Obviously we told these guys that any self-respecting new Porsche owner must join RENNLIST before they can really be considered amongst the motoring elite!!!

Hopefully they are reading this and if they would like a higher resolution copy of the pics please send me an email to hbarker@pacbell.net

Guys, thanks for sharing your stunning Boxster with us, it really is nice to share with other Porsche owners - especially when your not expecting it!

Another GREAT day of Porsche ownership!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Surf Twang
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta' love the old timers on their motorcycle, combined with a double-yellow lane divider!!!!
They were SLOW and refused to move aside. I hit the rev limiter when I finally had a chance to pass.

BTW, ST was that chili burger comparable at all to the ones you remember in New Mexico?
No, the chili cheeseburger was not nearly as good as those in New Mexico. But the drive was great fun, as always.

Last edited by Surf Twang; 07-18-2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by garrett376
Usually I meet these guys around a tight bend when I'm rapidly running out of torque....
Old 07-18-2004, 08:13 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Just outstanding!!!! Damn - I wish you lived closer, as Jen and I got back from a day drive at her folks cottage on the lake - 5 hours - and we took her 964...... She even let me drive......

Don't tell anyone on the 993 Forum - but I think I like the 964 C4 as much as I love my 993 C2... And last week for her birthday - I bought/installed a set of clear lenses from http://www.apex-parts.com/ - and dang - they look sweet....

Great pics, Howard - as always!!!... Thanks for posting them...!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks JD! Hope I'm not taking up too much space?

I got my clears from Apex too (on your recommendation I believe) they were nice guys and the price was the best around!

Did you install clear bumperettes (better overall upgrade than the side clears IMO) and silver bulbs too ?

Oh, and lets see some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. When is Jen getting her Aero mirrors?????
Old 07-18-2004, 08:46 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Kahdmus
Thanks JD! Hope I'm not taking up too much space?....
Not in the least!!!! Honestly - I really enjoy threads with pics, as they are usually terrific..!!!

.....Did you install clear bumperettes (better overall upgrade than the side clears IMO) and silver bulbs too ?
I haven't had the time to order the clear bumperettes yet - but they will be coming... In comparing your pics to Jens - they could be twins, so your pics let me show her what they'll look like on her 964 - so my thanks again!!! And yes - I bought the Silverstar bulbs as well and installed those...

BTW: On the rear-most side markers, did you drill those out? If so - what did you install for bulbs? Right now - I left the rear-sides empty..????

....PS. When is Jen getting her Aero mirrors?????
Troublemaker....

Old 07-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by John D.
BTW: On the rear-most side markers, did you drill those out? If so - what did you install for bulbs? Right now - I left the rear-sides empty..????
Glad it was a gift and Jen wasnt paying for labor!!!!

Yuppers, I drilled them out using a dremel tool to shave away the eges to make a nice perfect fit and then recycled the original bulbs (...I think!!!!)

Old 07-19-2004, 03:12 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

All I have to say is...

Old 07-19-2004, 03:45 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Howard.............

As I watch the pics, I tend to surf on the web for a cheap airline ticket for California [again]..........

Beautiful shots!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 03:58 AM
Surf Twang
Instructor

Not pictured is the 930 Turbo Howard gave me. This Kahdmus fellow is a generous chap.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:45 PM
kennyjr748
Advanced

any room for another 964 on one of your drives? looks like you guys had some fun....
Old 07-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Surf Twang
Instructor

Another RSA! Cool.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:17 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Kenny, absolutely..and another RSA to boot!! We were talking about going for a drive this weekend, but it looks like my new suspension wont be installed on time (Eshocks discobobulated my order). But are planning on one soon I think (Surf Twang?)

Have you also subscribed to Bay Area Rennlist (BAR)? They are on Yahoo groups and send out email distribution for the drives (usually once or twice a month I think). These are great fun and a involve a really amazing bunch of people ...to say nothing of the cars! (however its also nice to have local Porsche buddies who can get together more impromptu and go for a drive! )

You have mail...

Quick Reply: Another Great Drive today....(sorry more pix!)