Sponsored by:

PowerChip Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Since PowerChip offer a 30 day money-back guarantee - I'd suggest that someone who has access to a dyno should buy one and head over to their local dyno to get before and after graphs done. If it shows an improvement, I'll bet PowerChip will sell alot of them here (we all want a cheap and simple power upgrade ) but, if no difference is seen, back it goes for money back. If you're out shipping costs, I'll chip in just to see the results.

I'd do it and post the results but the closest 4 wheel dyno is quite far away.

Marc
Old 05-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Indycam
"I'd do it and post the results but the closest 4 wheel dyno is quite far away."
You don't need a dyno for the test , 1/4 mile or 0-100 runs are real world tests .
And I think you have a meter don't you ?
Quite right, sir. I do have a G-Tech but there has been endless discussion, as you know, about the validity of the results obstained from a G-Tech.

I concede that it would show any before and after differences for 0-60, 1/4 miles, etc. but the actual hp numbers would be suspect. Before most people here plunk down US$400 or so they'd want a nice dyno plot and, as awlays, YYMV.

Joey Bagadonuts has show some impressive before and after numbers with his EVO cone filter set-up but some people still question where the "real" dyno numbers are.

Marc
Old 05-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Scooter92
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've done #1, #2 and #3 and I am happy with the result. I removed an Autoauthority chip that was designed to run on 93 + octane, because my car was pinging. I installed a chip from Steve Weiner at Rennsport (what a great guy!) and the performance feel is not as spunky. The power is definately there, but the response is not as jumpy (for a lack of a better word). The important point is that my car does not ping at all. By the way, this upgrade is much more than $300-400. The chip is going to be around $450 and the pipe is going to be around $325, so realistically, the price is going to be around $800 shipped, plus installation.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Scooter92
By the way, this upgrade is much more than $300-400. The chip is going to be around $450 and the pipe is going to be around $325, so realistically, the price is going to be around $800 shipped, plus installation.
The price I was referring to was for the chip only as that is what the thread was about, not the other mods that were discussed in the referenced article.

Performance Products lists PowerChips for US$440 and we've been offered a "great deal" so I just estimated at $400. Cup pipe is US$300 and installation is free!

Marc
Old 05-05-2005, 03:07 AM
GP964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an account with PowerChip, email me all your specs at gp661motorsports@yahoo.com.....Thanks GP
Old 05-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"20hp for $300? Just sounds too good to be true and according to Adrian, it probably is. If it were true, wouldn't everyone already have one?" - Chris M -

You got it!

Check out this web site ( www.andial.com ) on the FAQ page, Question #2, as it's very applicable
to the 964 engine. Also, check here ( www.systemsc.com/tests.htm ) to get an idea of what is done
to get the preceived performance at the expense of potential pinging/engine problems.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Here is a dyno run on a USA Cupcar with the factory RS chip, open airbox, FVD cat bypass and a factory racing primary muffler, no secondary muffler. 100 octane gas.

The factory RS chip is agressive and requires a minimum of 93 R+M/2 octane gas, it pings on 92 octane and you can feel the engine dial back the timing to accomodate, I doubt there is more to be had from chip changes.

A bunch of cars from the RSAmerica registry tested their cars the same day, maybe some other power curves could be posted to compare.

Quick Reply: PowerChip Experience