A really good day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A really good day!!!

Hi all,

I just had to tell somebody!! I finally got my wheels/tyres sorted out to my satisfaction.

The problem came with the car when I bought it. Because it started life as a standard narrow-bodied car and has subsequently had turbo arches fitted the selling dealer tried his best with a very limited budget to make it look right. As it turned out, his marketing flair wasn't mached by his engineering expertise - coz his solution was to fit 8.5J wheels at the back with ET52 offsets together with BOTH a 16mm spacer AND a 30mm spacer. If that wasn't bad enough it turns out that the 30mm spacer on the outside wasn't bedded correctly on the inner surface (against the inner smaller spacer) coz the studs from the inner spacer had nowhere to go (no cutout on the inner surface of the space as there is in the wheel. This meant that the full weight of the wheel was being supported by the studs alone. Didn't think THAT was a great idea!!

My solution was to get a pair of 10J wheels (these are 18" Cup 3's BTW) with ET47 offsets, remove the 16mm spacer completely, leave the 30mm spacer in place and, hey presto! The wheels look great, the new tyres (Yokohama AVS Sport) look even better than great. I'm a happy bunny again!!!

Best regards

Dave
Old 07-10-2004, 01:47 PM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

can i see some pic please.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Haven't got any relevant pics yet other the one from my web site (below). I'm intending taking a pic of the back view, really low down. Those 10" rear wheels look awesome from the rear.

Better pics to follow later.

Best regards

Dave
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

OK - here's a quick attempt from this morning to give you a flavour. I can't really get a good shot without some additional lighting under there - but I guess you can get the idea.

Dave
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: A really good day!!!