Goodbye all

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Randall G.
No one appreciates my genius. You won't have Randall G. to kick around anymore, I'm leaving, too.
And about time too!

No more Design 90's are best rubbish. Whew!!!!!

We're not going to acknowledge your genius. Schmenius I say. What do you think, just because you have more cc's; power and even an extra gear over us pure-964 owners. Everyone knows the 993 was the beginning of the end for Stuttgart and you go and wreck a perfectly good 964......Almost as bad as Traitor Piers going and buying an 993RS.

Maybe John D could open a new 978.5 Forum for you?

[and, just because skin seems thin and mistakes have been made this week - this is 100% ]
Old 07-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Farp
Yes, I can confirm it's all true. Phil only sold it to me to get his own back and now look what's happened - I got caught speeding in it. Phil, you planned this, I know you did. If only I'd forgotten to send back that registration document....
But didn't Phil have a crafty plan? Sell it to you, sure. But just make sure that it wouldn't start so you'd give it back? That man Raby!
Old 07-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Farp
Yes, I can confirm it's all true. Phil only sold it to me to get his own back and now look what's happened - I got caught speeding in it. Phil, you planned this, I know you did. If only I'd forgotten to send back that registration document....
tut, in all the time I owned it, it never went above 70mph
Old 07-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ruairidh
And about time too!

No more Design 90's are best rubbish. Whew!!!!!

We're not going to acknowledge your genius. Schmenius I say. What do you think, just because you have more cc's; power and even an extra gear over us pure-964 owners. Everyone knows the 993 was the beginning of the end for Stuttgart and you go and wreck a perfectly good 964......Almost as bad as Traitor Piers going and buying an 993RS.

Maybe John D could open a new 978.5 Forum for you?

[and, just because skin seems thin and mistakes have been made this week - this is 100% ]
Yup, it was the Design 90 and flag mirror conspiracy that pushed me over the edge....

Oh, and the official model number for my car is 963. I have this on good authority from one of the chief design engineers at Stuttgart (who also happens to be a close friend).
Old 07-10-2004, 05:09 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very funny.

On the other hand - I don't think we'll miss you 'cos you pretend to be an air con expert and my air con hasn't worked since last autumn.

Last edited by DaveK; 07-10-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:53 AM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by DaveK

On the other hand - I don't think we'll miss you 'cos you pretend to be an air con expert and my air con hasn't worked since last autumn.
Surely, this is because you didn't follow his guru-ship's instructions explicitly.

Seriously, good luck with fixing that leak. I assume it's still indeterminate?
Old 07-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Guys,......... please. Randall, just sleep a good night and forget this. You can't leave, Kevin can't leave. Rennlist needs you guys!

I don't know what happens behind the scenes...... but please stay guys. In a week you will not remeber anymore why you left en will miss the board.

Just ignore certain posts or certain people, it will work.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:11 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Some of this is not to be taken too seriously, Arjan.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

I'll hope so.

I think we need to make a new start today for all of us and learn from what went wrong last week..................

Nice Pics John, I enjoyed them!
Old 07-11-2004, 11:03 AM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by Arjan B.
I'll hope so.

I think we need to make a new start today for all of us and learn from what went wrong last week..................

Nice Pics John, I enjoyed them!
Somebody needs to be removed from rennlist Arjan for this not to happen again or it just goes on and on with good guys leaving.Its pretty sad really cos all these guys want to do is talk Porsche and get on

Paul
Old 07-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

What happened? I always miss out on the action...
Old 07-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Randall is probably wake up right now, may be he will give his thoughts about this...... Let's wait if he replies.

I hope he and Kevin will hang around here for a long time...............

Not because of knowing Randall very good, he is sometimes very busy to help other people out of their misery, especially in the heat and A/C area.
Last time that I bin there, he helped somebody on the 993 board with his A/C system problem, at 1.30 a.m. he was still working on that..............

We need those kind of guys overhere.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by John Boggiano
Some of this is not to be taken too seriously, Arjan.
I'll second what John says. I'm afraid some humor is lost is translation.

Oh, and thank you for the kind words, Arjan.

Old 07-11-2004, 03:52 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Randall,
In answer to your question (several posts ago) - I've got the replacement pipes I need (Tom W kindly donated his for a very modest fee) but not had a chance to fit them yet. I've also ordered a receiver / dryer - after much messing around I couldn't get it in the UK so it's on order from the States. Hopefully will turn up this week. I've also ordered dist caps / rotor arms (which obviously won't fix my air con - although as air con guru I hope you knew that ). I have next Saturday free (at the moment anyway) and that's my "car" day. Will fit everything, then get the air con re-charged the following week and see what happens.

Obviously, if it doesn't work I think we both know who's fault it is.....
Old 07-12-2004, 12:37 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by dove
Somebody needs to be removed from rennlist Arjan for this not to happen again or it just goes on and on with good guys leaving.Its pretty sad really cos all these guys want to do is talk Porsche and get on

Paul
Dove,
Hmmm, are you referring to me on that infamous thread? I was only giving advice on price/performance ratio based on advice given to you by some expert some time ago when you asked about soundness of investing in an after market chip.
And yes, I never believe that the best solutions for a given price has to necessarily come from some big brand named company and that if it could have been made better Porsche would have done it. There are 7 things that make the 1989 964 exhaust less than optimum for performance, if anyone believes it's possible.

If I've caused trouble and heartache with my blesphamy, I'm sorry....and if all you guys want me to leave.......

I WON'T......

cos my skin's thicker than anyone's upgraded race spec sway bar....and I've got super-duper 24-way adjustable suspension that is not TUV approved (i think) but can be adjusted to absorb any shock you guys throw at me! There....

Quick Reply: Goodbye all