Sponsored by:

Brake warning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 07:20 PM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Brake warning?

When I start my car in the morning, and when going home from work, the PDAS and Brake Pressure warning lights stay on for about 45 seconds; long enough for the beeper to go off for a little while until it the warning lights turn off. This does not happen if the car has been turned off for a little while only.

I have checked the brake fluid level and it is bang between MIN and MAX (measured after the pump has stopped building up pressure, after starting the engine).

Is my brake pressure pump too slow in reaching sufficient pressure or is this a normal problem?
Old 07-01-2004, 04:19 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard it happen to a few people, and I don't think it's normally considered a problem. The first step might be to get your brakes flushed / bled if they haven't been done recently.

I had to change my ABS unit once (with a used one) and the accumulator came as part of the ABS unit. It was noticeable that my warning lights came on a lot less, and for a lot less time after that so don't know if something in the accumulator (seals of some kind?) ages.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:52 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Jens,
This is normal,
Ciao,
Adrian