Sponsored by:

Right Door Lock Stopped Working - Any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 09:37 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Door Lock Stopped Working - Any ideas

The right hand door lock on my 1990 C4 stopped working. I can lock it manually but it won't lock automatically with the key or the lock button on the center console. It will unlock with the center console button but won't lock. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-08-2024, 07:34 AM
bd111
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jwdwight
The right hand door lock on my 1990 C4 stopped working. I can lock it manually but it won't lock automatically with the key or the lock button on the center console. It will unlock with the center console button but won't lock. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
I had this issue a few months ago. I use a very good classic Porsche mechanic. In my case the barrel was spinning when the key went in so it wouldn’t catch to lock or unlock the door. Apparently it just happens over time. He had to open the doors to get to the mechanism. Think it might have been a wiring issue. All good now. I would use a good classic Porsche guy to do the job, not a big job but needs someone that knows how to do it. He also replaced the plastic sheet that is stuck inside the door that protects the parts from any rain/water rusting the parts. I can’t imagine a general mechanic would have without knowing what he was doing.

Quick Reply: Right Door Lock Stopped Working - Any ideas