Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off the Turbos and on to a NA 964RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 11:06 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,305 Posts

I was just looking at a US cup yesterday with only 5k miles on original RS shocks and they surprisingly are still good. The std C2/C4 Boge's would fail by just sitting over time. I replaced the shocks on 2swoosh's Cup with OE factory RS parts all new. I have MCS 2 way in my C2.

My C2 with custom 2WNR MCS is superior to any RS I have driven for handling but a bit rough on very bumpy roads. I am still dialing it in. IMO the factory RS bits are perfect and a simple solution for the car when new. I am actually considering them for my turbo as the RoW turbo SL used them. I am not a a fan of Pss9's or 10's or the KW's. Next time swing by and we can discuss it you're not far from me. I have put a lot of energy into this and IMO I would stick with the factory bits. Dan is a good option if you want something custom or I have friends who can help.

BTW car looks great, decals can always be removed and I can't wait to see it in person. Drive it in good health.

Also my friend Jose from ID signs is one of the best in the business and does lots of famous race cars for Gaswerks and others. He can make any decal you want if you decide to switch it up.

Last edited by cobalt; 06-05-2024 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:24 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 395 Posts

These are 2008 RSR curves, a nice example of modern digressive 2 way shock tuning

These are MCS 2WNR, a very nice selection

here are MCS 1WNR, not so nice

Old 06-05-2024, 12:25 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I was just looking at a US cup yesterday with only 5k miles on original RS shocks and they surprisingly are still good. The std C2/C4 Boge's would fail by just sitting over time. I replaced the shocks on 2swoosh's Cup with OE factory RS parts all new. I have MCS 2 way in my C2.

My C2 with custom 2WNR MCS is superior to any RS I have driven for handling but a bit rough on very bumpy roads. I am still dialing it in. IMO the factory RS bits are perfect and a simple solution for the car when new. I am actually considering them for my turbo as the RoW turbo SL used them. I am not a a fan of Pss9's or 10's or the KW's. Next time swing by and we can discuss it you're not far from me. I have put a lot of energy into this and IMO I would stick with the factory bits. Dan is a good option if you want something custom or I have friends who can help.

BTW car looks great, decals can always be removed and I can't wait to see it in person. Drive it in good health.

Also my friend Jose from ID signs is one of the best in the business and does lots of famous race cars for Gaswerks and others. He can make any decal you want if you decide to switch it up.
Thank you, Anthony!
Old 07-18-2024, 09:56 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Like many of you here I wasn't into the decals, but it has grown on me. The car has been a lot of fun. I'm having a few things sorted and will be adding a few personal touches. While many may frown upon adding AC, I may add the Classic Retrofit Electric AC. I had a conversation with them, and the system seems easily reversible. I will be doing the install myself and will take it to a shop for the AC charge. In the end, I feel it's my car so might as well do it my way..plus my wife and daughter will be in comfort..lol
Old 07-19-2024, 09:36 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Originally Posted by speednme
Like many of you here I wasn't into the decals, but it has grown on me. The car has been a lot of fun. I'm having a few things sorted and will be adding a few personal touches. While many may frown upon adding AC, I may add the Classic Retrofit Electric AC. I had a conversation with them, and the system seems easily reversible. I will be doing the install myself and will take it to a shop for the AC charge. In the end, I feel it's my car so might as well do it my way..plus my wife and daughter will be in comfort..lol
So when will we be seeing you in public with this new beauty? Beauty of decals is they are easily removable and replaceable. My friend Jose at ID signs can always help you out. He has every Porsche font and can make yiou just about anything for your car. He has a 964 targa and changes the graphics all the time. He also does all of Gasswerks cars. I will introduce you if you decide to change it up.

Here is his targa at the boardwalk event last year. He did a shadow effect and can do most anything.

One of many he has done for Chris Turner and Gasswerks

BTW A/C is overrated. I drove my turbo the other day it was 100 degrees outside and I had the windows open and A/C off. The A/C works but you do feel the power loss with the belt driven system. Install a chill out cool shirt and be cool all day while driving LOL. Unfortunately it is for track use but they are amazing for keeping you cool while driving.

Hope to see the new toy soon.

Old 07-19-2024, 05:10 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Lol…I get that 100%. Hopefully we’ll get together soon. I drove it today to PA and back and was wishing for AC on the Turnpike only. Regular street driving I enjoy driving with the windows down.
Old 07-20-2024, 10:35 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts

I prefer to let me body temperature rise over the engine, lol. I would definitely make sure my wife and daughter wanted to ride in the car before I did that to an RS.
Old 07-20-2024, 04:30 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vegas993
I prefer to let me body temperature rise over the engine, lol. I would definitely make sure my wife and daughter wanted to ride in the car before I did that to an RS.
It’s electric, will not effect engine temps. It’s all bolt on and easily reversible. Same units that provide AC to Singer cars. It’s blasphemy for some but it’s not like I’m RWB’ing the car..lol
Old 07-22-2024, 03:47 AM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 5,562 Likes on 2,132 Posts

Stickers are personal. To me I would leave them if factory installed for sure. If not?????

As regards AC. Perhaps the best reason not to get it is that your wife and kid would want to be in the car when you sent to drive?

My factory AC works great!

Last edited by 928 GT R; 07-22-2024 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-22-2024, 09:22 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 928 GT R
Stickers are personal. To me I would leave them if factory installed for sure. If not?????

As regards AC. Perhaps the best reason not to get it is that your wife and kid would want to be in the car when you sent to drive?

My factory AC works great!
I guess that makes for a good argument against it…lol

Quick Reply: Off the Turbos and on to a NA 964RS