Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:16 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help re: Cab windscreen for 964

I just missed out on an auction where the seller had a 964 windscreen for sale. I emailed him and he didn't have a part number, but said that it was a Porsche item. I've asked a few dealers and checked PET, but can't find a part number. Does anyone know what it might be and does anyone by chance have or know where there might be one for sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

PS: I saw the one for a 993 on PET, but since it has a "993" number I assume it doesn't fit a 964.

ANYONE?
Old 06-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you looked under older 911's on PET?
Old 06-18-2004, 02:50 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I found them at Pelican Products and Performance Products.
Thanks
Don
Old 06-18-2004, 03:33 AM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I have one on my '91. My brother in law purchased it at a Top repair shop near San Francisco when he had the car last year. I think this is an aftermarket unit but it looks like the one on e-Bay. I'll try and find a part number for you. Clever device, easy installation, and it really does work.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:22 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Jacks911
I have one on my '91. My brother in law purchased it at a Top repair shop near San Francisco when he had the car last year. I think this is an aftermarket unit but it looks like the one on e-Bay. I'll try and find a part number for you. Clever device, easy installation, and it really does work.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:57 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Thanks Jack. I found one at Pelican and one at Perf Prod. Where are you in Seattle BTW. I owned a business on East Marginal Way South (next to the State Liquor Commission and near Boeing's old HQ) Lived in Bellevue...91-97 hated to leave when we sold the business.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:27 AM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Don, I live & work in Kirkland ... you know ...the Costco Brand!
Good luck with the wind break. Lets hope for lots of sun shine to give it plenty of use.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:00 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

I bought one on ebay last year- it was new, but didn't have the paperwork or original packaging. For those buying these used, make sure the seller has the 2 plastic plugs with holes that replace the solid round plastic plugs for the proper fit. Mine had the 2 holed plugs, but I've seen some on ebay etc that appear to be missing them.

When I drive by myself I never install the wind guard- I just leave it on the back shelf. When my wife is in the car I set it up- pretty easy, and makes a considerable difference especially on the highway. A long top down highway trip is the only time I'd consider using it without my wife in the car for myself. Her hair used to fly straight in front of her face. I tested the wind guard to 135 mph.....seemed to help at that speed

You'll still get cabin turbulance, but much less- overall a great accessory! I take it down when I put the top up at the end of the weekend....always a sad procedure as it means the new work week is just around the corner.

-Andrew
Old 06-19-2004, 09:45 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Yeah, Andrew, that's exactly why I want the windscreen. I have one in my 02 Cab and with the windows up you can talk in normal tones with the radio on very comfortably.

PS: Thanks for the tip...

Quick Reply: Need some help re: Cab windscreen for 964