Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy a small tube of Graphite Grease in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 01:12 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Where can I buy a small tube of Graphite Grease in the US?

I'm trying to lubricate my cab top, and per Adrian's book graphite grease is recommended. I've tried Sears, Home Depot, and R&S Strauss with no luck yet. Has anyone seen this stuff for sale anywhere? I see a couple of places on the internet that sell graphite grease by the drum (!) which is certainly not what I need.

I was trying to lube the top a little as preventative maintence, and now just yesterday one of the motors that latches to the windshield stuck 2 times before finally opening properly on the third try....it's probably ready for some grease! Also, how much grease do I apply- do I just use my fingers?

Thanks-
Andrew
Old 05-24-2004, 02:40 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Try Pep Boys if you have them or even Wally World. I have seen it both places at least down here.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:33 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pep Boys is right across the street from R&S- was running last yesterday so I didn't have a chance to check. Will do tonight!

Do you simply apply a little with your fingers around the joints of the covertible top?

-Andrew
Old 05-24-2004, 04:31 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I did it with the top down and left it in the sun for an hour or so hopeing it would melt in a bit. Dont know if it helped or not. Those flex joints are really tight together. Maybe someone else has a secrete way to do it. Sure would like to know myself!

Quick Reply: Where can I buy a small tube of Graphite Grease in the US?