Sponsored by:

Coilover lowering question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 09:51 PM
learjet23
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilover lowering question

Hi I have KW ver 1 coil overs after initially lowering the car 12mm beyond rs spec it drove awful. I’ve now raised the car to rs -5 and it’s suspension geometry has come back to normal. Problem is after using the chassis location points to accurately set all four corners I’m left with a large difference in thread remaining below the coilover collar between the front left and right… I’m not sure if this is normal and if perhaps I should have loosened any of the suspension components (sway bar end links?)before making these adjustments. Any suggestions would be appreciated don’t want to have the car aligned if there is some other issue at play.

Old 06-03-2023, 04:21 AM
mby
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, please. – Here's the excerpt from the Bilstein instruction manual : "All rubber-mounted strut/damper attachments must not be fully tightened until AFTER the suspension system is loaded (wheels on the ground). Other mounting fasteners (for example brackets) must be securely tightened BEFORE load is placed on the suspension system."
Old 06-03-2023, 08:02 PM
learjet23
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just to get this straight i’m suppose to loosen the lower control arm bushings and sway bar bush, lower car to Rs spec then retighten when car is lowered tires in contact with ground? Sounds like I’ll need a drive on lift to achieve that. Anything to loosen on the rear ?

Quick Reply: Coilover lowering question