Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bi-LED Projector Headlight Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 12:29 AM
Balisong
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

I’m happy enough with the Rennline lights I put in my 76 that for the cost savings of them I’d probably use them in my 964s too. They tend to be half the price to a third of the price from many other options I’ve seen posted here.
Old 06-03-2023, 12:02 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by spartansix
I haven't seen those before, but I do know that the Hella bixenon projectors are well regarded and so LED ones might be pretty decent too.
The install instructions do require cutting out the back of the headlight bucket, they are found here: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ht+fitment.pdf
Good find. It appears that one advantage to cutting the bucket out is much easier adjustment.
Old 06-06-2023, 06:43 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mby
Since you already have H4-fittings in your car, you can easily reuse them with LEDs like Osram Nigh Breaker H4-LED or Philips Ultinon Pro6000 H4-LED – The only challenges are that they are not street-legal for Porsches (yet) but from what I hear from friends do fit and work plus that they seem to not be available globally.

Personally, I stay with Osram Night Breaker 200 H4 (non-LED) (or Philips RacingVision GT200 H4 (non-LED)); the most important aspect is to have the modification that leverages a relays to not run all power for the H4 lights through the steering column switch (e.g., https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...r-964-a.html); that already makes a huge difference as higher voltage reaches the lights, due to this optimized setup.
I' have relays in the buckets so that the switch doesn't carry the entire current load. I have better quality non LED bulbs in at present but would like to see if an LED bulb will provide better lighting.

Neil
The following users liked this post:
mby (06-06-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 09:17 AM
DonD964
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with the 9Elevenheadlights which are very expensive but he has come out with some original designs.

Mine here with the daytime running lights on each side of the beam.
Don

Quick Reply: Bi-LED Projector Headlight Options