Sponsored by:

headlamp replacement search

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:55 PM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlamp replacement search

IIRC there was a good thread here several weeks back concerning headlight removal, replacement, adjustment with someone explaining away the "tricky" parts -- was it Joey? Not having any luck with the search tonight. Or am I having another duh moment? (adjusting "kick me" sign)

Going to replace a broken lamp tomorrow and tho it doesn't look like a problem I wanted to check the earlier conversation. Thanks, Joe W.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:28 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go ... Silverstar thread.

Yeah, it can be a little tricky but if you know what you're in for, it's a piece of cake.

You can't see it in the drawing (top one) but there's a plastic retaining washer which secures screw #22 to the lamp housing. Once you've disengaged the screw from the mounting bracket, stop turning otherwise the screw will fall out and down the drain hole on at the base of the lamp cavity. BTW, there are four of them. Don't mistake them for the adjustment screw which is located at 9 and 12 o'clock. You can always replace the little bits but what a PITA. Good luck!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:41 PM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Joey. That was the thread! (Glad I wasn't delusional, at least for the moment.) The anatomy drawing will be useful, too. Best, Joe W.

Quick Reply: headlamp replacement search